SciTechBlog   « Back to Blog Main
June 1, 2009

Welcome to Tech Torture with Topher

Posted: 03:04 PM ET

I'm Topher Kohan, and as you can see from the video post above, this is a little blog that the CNN.com editorial people gave me to try out some first-person tech experiments.

For this week, I am going to try to live in the cloud. If you are not sure what that means, not a big deal. I will try to do 100 percent of my job online and not use any desktop applications. So when I check my e-mail, schedule a meeting or write a document, I will do all of this online and then save it in online storage. If it works, I will be able to sit at any computer in the world, and as long as it has Internet access and a browser, I can log in to some Web sites and work.

So follow along this week and let’s see if this is an easy stay in the clouds or truly. . .tech torture.

Please take the time to drop me a comment or two on what you think of the idea or how I could be more effective in all of this. From time to time, I will drop in and answer any questions you might have.

Other post in this series:
Welcome to Tech Torture with Topher
Tech Torture with Topher, Day 2
Tech Torture with Topher, Day 2 : Part 2
Tech Torture with Topher: Why?
Tech Torture with Topher, Day 3
Tech Torture with Topher, Day 4
Tech Torture with Topher, Day 5

Editor's note: Topher Kohan is the search engine optimization (SEO) coordinator for CNN.com, a tech dork, a "Star Wars" aficionado and an all-around good guy. (No, really, he is - just ask him.)

Posted by:
Filed under: Tech Torture with Topher

Derek H. aka The Beast   June 3rd, 2009 3:32 pm ET

Nice job, Topher. Now the only else you have to worry about is steady broadband connection. Go AIA. I'm soooo glad I'm out of there!

Lloyd   June 4th, 2009 12:12 pm ET

Topher –

Cloud computing seems really cool and all, but are'nt there any concerns about security of data and having data living somewhere else. It seems cool but also scary. Your thoughts. Thanks

Ava   April 9th, 2012 10:35 pm ET

Great Webpage, Thx! Keep up the great work.

buy online amazon staf   June 18th, 2012 12:32 am ET

Its such as you learn my thoughts! You appear to understand so much about this, such as you wrote the ebook in it or something. I think that you just can do with some p.c. to drive the message house a little bit, but instead of that, that is fantastic blog. A fantastic read. I will definitely be back.

Mercedes Rozman   April 28th, 2013 5:47 am ET

Wall lights, side lights, standing lamps, floor lamps, lighting columns.. There are so many different types of lighting available, how do you know where to begin? Here, we just focus on the big one. The centrally located suspended ceiling light.In order to find the perfect stylish suspended ceiling light that works in the awkward place that is the centre of a room, you need to fist consider what the room is used for and what kind of lighting you need for those activities...

Check out the best and newest write-up on our new web site
<http://www.healthmedicinelab.com

World Of Warcraft Gold Duping On Rsps | The World of Warcraft   December 23rd, 2015 8:07 pm ET

[...] the globe without a part of the video gaming scene has outdone everyones hopes and killing monster of its epidermis World Of Warcraft Gold Duping On Rsps to sell as leather or perhaps anything to generate [...]

Leave Your Comment