SciTechBlog   « Back to Blog Main
June 3, 2009

Tech Torture with Topher, Day 3

Posted: 05:10 PM ET

Hey all,

Again I want to thank you all for the feedback you're giving. As I stated in the video, a good part of the conversation about this is happening over on Twitter, so come on over and follow me and drop me a question.

I got a great question from a Twitter follower about what OS and browser I am using.

I am running Mac OS X on a MacBook Pro and using Safari for my browser. That said, I spent some time on a Windows machine today in IE and it was an interesting experience. You'll have to watch the video to find out what happened.

As I said in the video, I'm not using my iPhone right now to listen to music because I have not been synching it to iTunes. I am using a site called Pandora. I love it. If you have not checked it out, you should.

One more thing for this post. As I said in the video this morning, Tech Torture with Topher is a test, so if you like it, please take the time and drop a comment. This will help us decide if we should do a part 2.

Thanks for reading.

Other post in this series:

Welcome to Tech Torture with Topher
Tech Torture with Topher, Day 2
Tech Torture with Topher, Day 2 : Part 2
Tech Torture with Topher: Why?
Tech Torture with Topher, Day 3
Tech Torture with Topher, Day 4
Tech Torture with Topher, Day 5

Posted by:
Filed under: Tech Torture with Topher

Dean Wheeler   June 3rd, 2009 5:42 pm ET

These keep getting better. Any way we can watch them on the iPhone in the future?

A future project could be an attempt to do a day's work on a laptop without a charger.

mo   June 3rd, 2009 7:42 pm ET

for music if you want to listen to a specific song you can use

B   June 3rd, 2009 9:32 pm ET

Nicely done! I agree with your comment about the IE interface for Outlook. I actually run Fusion with XP just so I can run Outlook because the non-IE web interface is SO bad!
Keep up the good work – it's a great concept for a video blog!

Brian   June 4th, 2009 11:58 am ET

Try twittergadget.com - you can use it from an iGoogle portal, or directly from their website.

As a followup Tech Torture, I'd like to suggest 'Living in the Sticks'
Life using only portable apps (U3, or portableapps.com, or maybe a week on each and compare?) on a USB stick.

TCarr   June 4th, 2009 7:20 pm ET

I would love to see you do more of these Tech Torture type vlogs. These are very interesting. Your test one here on cloud computing is a great idea.

Brian has a good idea too – living mobile, what it's like. How mobile computing can enhance our lives and HOW we use it in our work, etc.

Daniele Terrell   June 5th, 2009 1:38 pm ET

This is a great idea. I hope Tech Torture with Topher becomes something permanent. I have an idea for another TTWT, too. I have a friend that doesn't pay for cable and instead he found a way to download TV shows into his PS3 – I think it's called TVersity. Anyways, specially now that analog signals won't work any more, maybe you can do a TTWT about watching TV without cable, only through the Internet, like my friend does. It's just an idea. Thanks again for doing this. It's very interesting, and I hope it is here to stay.

Leave Your Comment