SciTechBlog   « Back to Blog Main
March 16, 2010

iPad keyboard delayed until May

Posted: 01:42 PM ET

According to Apple's product Web site, the iPad keyboard accessory - which lets people peck away on a tactile keyboard instead of on a full-size touch-screen - will not be available for purchase until May. The Wi-Fi-connected version of the much-anticipated iPad, which is essentially a laptop computer with a touch-sensitive screen and no keyboard, is available for pre-order now and will ship to the public on April 3. (Thanks to AppleInsider and Electronista for picking up on this first). The iPad does have a Bluetooth connection, leaving open the possibility that you could connect another type of wireless keyboard to the iPad.

As I pointed out in January, the iPad's full-size, touch-screen keyboard feels a bit goofy at first. I don't look at my hands when I type, and on the iPad there's no way to make sure your fingers are tapping the right keys without looking down to check. The whole screen is glass, so you can't feel the difference. Other people apparently feel the same way about touch screens. An industry analyst who sat next to me at the iPad unveiling in San Francisco literally screamed with joy when Apple CEO Steve Jobs announced the company would sell keyboards with the iPad.

It still appears they will. You just might have to wait a bit.

Other iPad accessories have been delayed, too. Ars Technica notes that a camera connection accessory is "currently MIA." MacWorld says an iPad case has been delayed to mid-April.

What do you think? Will not having a keyboard at launch hurt iPad sales? Will it make a difference in your decision about whether or not to buy the device that Apple has called "magical and revolutionary?"

Posted by:
Filed under: Apple • iPad

tachowar   March 16th, 2010 2:00 pm ET

i'll wait for it, no problem apple.

elton   March 16th, 2010 2:03 pm ET

why not just get the plain dock and the bluetooth keyboard? According to Apple's iPad accessories page, the BT keyboard is compatible.

John Sutter   March 16th, 2010 2:10 pm ET

Good point. Thanks for the link, elton. - John / CNN.com

Alex N   March 16th, 2010 2:11 pm ET

Apple has a beautiful bluetooth keyboard that will work from day 1. No need to wait.

Derek   March 16th, 2010 2:13 pm ET

I don't think it will hurt sales. If someone was planning to buy a gigantic ipod touch too big to fit in their pocket for as much money as a decent laptop, they will buy it anyway.

David Berry   March 16th, 2010 2:15 pm ET

What will hurt sales most is the lack of Flash support. HTML5 doesn't serve me now, so Steve should just get over himself.

Sicherheitsmassnamen   March 16th, 2010 2:16 pm ET

The keyboard delay will not hurt sales. In fact, there is little that could stop iPad at this point. Within a 2-3 years, TVs, Bluray Players, Laptops, Desktops, Netbooks, Pencils, Pens, Paper, and even toasters will become obsolete as everyone will be using an iPad to accomplish most everything. It is silly to think that the delay in a physical keyboard accessory could stop the world' s most perfect device built by the worlds most perfectest company ever. Many people don't realize what Apple is doing for us and take it for granted. If it weren't for Apple, we'd all be using inferior technology products, and, quite possibly, even...... thinking for ourselves!

Elias   March 16th, 2010 2:16 pm ET

still, going to wait for version 3 of the ipad, should have the bugs worked out, hopefully a camera and stylus by then.

the Horse Spawn   March 16th, 2010 2:21 pm ET

Is it going to be called the ifinger?

Mike   March 16th, 2010 2:22 pm ET

You can already buy a bluetooth keyboard from Apple that seamlessly connects with the iPad. I ordered one with my iPad and it's already been shipped. The accessory that's been delayed plugs directly into the iPad and has some additional connections on the back. But it only holds the iPad in portrait so you can't take advantage of the wide screen.

And you people with your Flash! Even Microsoft has developed Silverlight to replace Flash. History has shown that if Apple doesn't include it (think floppy drive here) then it's probably on it's way out anyway.

mike   March 16th, 2010 2:23 pm ET

The picture makes it look like a laptop....

Mike   March 16th, 2010 2:23 pm ET

"Good point. Thanks for the link, elton. – John / CNN.com"

Heh heh heh.. elton – John.

Sorry about that.. just struck me as funny.

Still struggling, personally, with the application the iPad would have in my world.. I have a MacBook Pro, iPod touch and a Nook.

Do I NEED the iPad? do I need to bring all of my elements together as one? or do I just want to be cutting edge.. oh the sleepless nights I will have.

Chase   March 16th, 2010 2:23 pm ET

steve   March 16th, 2010 2:26 pm ET

"essentially a laptop with touch sensitive screen"? thats a little extreme. should say essentially an oversized ipod touch that still cant run multiple apps at the same time and this first version doesnt even have wi-fi. did i also mention thats its over priced?

3rdi   March 16th, 2010 2:26 pm ET

Speech to Text recognition technology advances further. No more keyboards.

Anonymous   March 16th, 2010 2:29 pm ET

Why not just buy a damn laptop or a netbook?! This looks even more ridiculous now. I honestly don't understand why apple is coming out with more unnecessary products.

Glenn   March 16th, 2010 2:35 pm ET

"which is essentially a laptop computer with a touch-sensitive screen and no keyboard" – WRONG

CORRECTION:

"which is essentially a giant iPod Touch with iWorks"

Chris   March 16th, 2010 2:36 pm ET

Cases:

Wondering Why   March 16th, 2010 2:40 pm ET

I always wonder why people love to hate apple and it's fans.

The iPad is not supposed to replace anything. Want a keyboard...well buy a wireless one or a laptop. How can this even hurt sales. Actually want kind a true product review would even ask that question?

Also people say "I'll buy version 3 when they work out the bugs" Another stupid statement. What bugs? You don't even have one yet.

Then I hear people say it's just a big IPhone. Well no. There is no phone and it's bigger.

Just because it's Apple doesn't mean it sucks and it doesn't mean it's great. Let the product stand on it's own when you actually have it in your hands.

I guess there will always be people who just love to hate things no matter what. But to hate a product before they even see it or try it is just plain...stupid.

Ash   March 16th, 2010 2:41 pm ET

It is not like it delayed for everyone. For instance mine will be shipped by April the 3rd. I think they simply ran out of the accessories. People who ordered stuff the first day will get it, that is IMHO.

sandy   March 16th, 2010 2:43 pm ET

Is this CNN Site bought by apple? feels like there is no Tech news in America other than apple for CNN.........

Brandon   March 16th, 2010 2:44 pm ET

"The Wi-Fi-connected version of the much-anticipated iPad, which is essentially a laptop computer"

No it isn't.

Ron   March 16th, 2010 2:47 pm ET

I went with the Blue Tooth keyboard and the Dock, I bought two Docks, one for the computer and one to connect to my 52" 1080p TV screen. This way the keyboard will work at both locations. My BT keyboard arrived today. I also called to get the MobileMe added to my order. I didn't realize the $30 off the yearly $99 was a one time offer. After not getting it, I went back and try to get it and they wanted $99 for it, so I called the Apple Store and they added it for me for the $68. Now I have over $1200 invested into my IPAD and accesories, and I don't even have it yet. Did anyone else get the Warrenty?

Mike   March 16th, 2010 2:51 pm ET

"HTML5 doesn't serve me now, so Steve should just get over himself."

I'm curious if David Berry has ever bought anything that didn't meet his every exact specification. Note to David: If it isn't what you want or need, don't buy it. It's not all about you.

Chuck   March 16th, 2010 2:57 pm ET

"feels like there is no Tech news in America other than apple for CNN........."
That's because there is no tech news other than Apple.

PT Barnum   March 16th, 2010 3:03 pm ET

"Now I have over $1200 invested into my IPAD and accesories, and I don't even have it yet"

There's a sucker born every minute.

chris the pimp   March 16th, 2010 3:05 pm ET

herrry up plezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Rick   March 16th, 2010 3:06 pm ET

Star- Trek has been using the I-Pad for years! It's just a matter of time before we get use to the feel..................... No need for a physical keyboard.

jhon is gay   March 16th, 2010 3:07 pm ET

that is right

chris   March 16th, 2010 3:08 pm ET

what did that guy say

Robert   March 16th, 2010 3:09 pm ET

For me the iPad is a nice toy, I would like to get one but am finding hard to justify the need. Even if I could justify the need, I would probably wait to see if there are any bugs that need to be worked out. As great as Apple products can be (no sarcasm intended), even they aren't immune to the occasional problem at launch.

A lack of certain accessories for me would not be a deal breaker.

Electric Lion   March 16th, 2010 3:09 pm ET

Let me know when it has integrated webcam, a USB port, flash support, and phone capability. Right now, I'd need three devices with me: my MacBook, my cell, and the iPad. But I don't need the iPad if I have the other two. Now, if I could link my phone's BT headset and take calls on the iPad, I could carry just it.

Right now, it's like the MacAir: just an overpriced toy.

Matt   March 16th, 2010 3:11 pm ET

and the iPod was just another MP3 player...

and the iPhone was just another smartphone...

Z   March 16th, 2010 3:17 pm ET

"Will not having a keyboard at launch hurt iPad sales?"

This question is quite ironic, considering that the reason they are out of keyboards is due to its high sales.

Reagan   March 16th, 2010 3:21 pm ET

Sutter! You are the Apple Expert...nice seeing you representing Tall Oaks well!

Brian   March 16th, 2010 3:23 pm ET

To all those people stating that this is a big "iPod Touch." Yes and that is the point. With the app store, Apple has moved the paradigm to small applications that are tailored to specific needs. It is silly for me to be "booting up" a desktop or laptop computer just to surf the web. Pick up an iPad and you will be surfing in a few seconds.

My iPod Touch with its numerous applications has far more utility to me than my desktop computer. The next logical step is to improve the experience by making the screen larger. Hence the iPad.

Jeff P.   March 16th, 2010 3:24 pm ET

I think what a lot of people are missing by saying it doesn't do this and it doesn't do that is, the iPad isn't designed as a product to create things (work and/or art), it's designed to consume things. Like books, magazines, newspapers, movies and the web. And in that sense, it (or something else like it a little further down the road) will revolutionize the way we look at media. This will go far beyond computer geeks/users, sooner or later. It's not meant to be a laptop. It's meant to be something even easier/lighter/more portable/more convenient than a laptop, by which the masses can consume media.

Torres #3   March 16th, 2010 3:24 pm ET

I wish I was excited about this product. People keep calling it a laptop but nothing can be further from the truth. You cant load programs on it, there is no USB port, no CD/DVD, its not even running a full OS. It would be better to fork over the extra cash and get a macbook instead.

I really wished that this product had leaned more towards being a laptop than an oversized iPod Touch, then I would probably get one.

In its current configuration, I have no use and no need for an iPad.

LB   March 16th, 2010 3:26 pm ET

Thanks Elton John!

Ha   March 16th, 2010 3:26 pm ET

Why don't you give me 600$ and meet me round back, I'll kick you in the nuts and we'll call it a day

Frogman Joel   March 16th, 2010 3:28 pm ET

Steve: What makes you think early models don't have wi-fi? They all do.

PAinNC   March 16th, 2010 3:32 pm ET

What a useless piece of junk. An oversized phone that can't make a call and an undersized laptop that you can't type on worth a crap.

Derek   March 16th, 2010 3:32 pm ET

I have an ipod touch for when I want to go on wifi somewhere and don't feel like taking anything bigger than my pocket. If I'm going to have to haul my tardass Ipad somewhere, I might as well take my fully functioning, cd playing, usb port having, flash playing, $400 laptop. Comparing the Ipad to my laptop makes apple seem more ridiculous than usual. I can do everything, and much more, for much less money.

Apple = tarded.

Otto   March 16th, 2010 3:33 pm ET

"The keyboard is not nearly as important as the handwriting capability similar to what we had on the PC. Handwriting recognition is not important either. Integrated handwriting capability is. Until that shows up on the iPad.... I will wait..... years if necessary"

No need to wait! Go on eBay and buy a Newton Message Pad (if you can find one).

I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for (handwriting capablity but handwriting recognition not important?), but there are several iPhone apps that allow you to use handwriting ("Use Your Handwriting" for example) which allow you to write on the screen, but it is a graphic only, no handwriting recognition. I use UYH for to-do lists and notes on the iPhone and like it a lot. I assume this app will translate to the iPad and there will probably be several other similar apps showing up soon taking advantage of the iPad's extra real estate.

Jeff   March 16th, 2010 3:33 pm ET

LOL, Sicherheitsmassnamen's comment on 3/16 at 2:16PM made me laugh..

jeff   March 16th, 2010 3:34 pm ET

if you need a keyboard with the ipad, just buy a netbook. jeez

Brian   March 16th, 2010 3:37 pm ET

Who is comparing the iPad to a laptop? It has been mentioned before that this is a media consumption device. It is not meant to replace a laptop or desktop. Having said that, once you have one on hand, you will not be using your laptop as much.

Jay in NYC   March 16th, 2010 3:38 pm ET

iFail. Nothing but a oversized iPod Touch. Who freakin cares. I'm usually impressed with Apple's products but this was sorely disappointing. I think the meds are getting to Steve Job's brain!

Just pick up a netbook for $300. Newegg has about 3-4 netbooks under $300 as of this writing that are much more superior to this crap and you'll spend a lot less! Want 3G, get a card from your provider and guess what? You're not limited to just AT&T! Want Wi-Fi? It has it bulit in! Want bluetooth, Get a usb adapter for $10-15. You even have a webcam too and the devices run a real OS!! Not a modified version of iPhone OS. You get an OS with full capabilities and you can run virtually any app you want.

Otto   March 16th, 2010 3:46 pm ET

I've been buying these gizmos for quite some time. Starting with the palm pilot, Newton Message pad and on and on. I've never bothered to buy an exteral keyboard for any of these things (and never felt I missed having one). I've had a burning desire to get one of the Mac bluetooth keyboards for my iMac, but I would suppose that even if I do get one I'll probably only use it once with an iPad just for giggles. As so many have said (mostly derisively), the iPad is a media consumption device, not intended to do "real work". Well duh!
I'll buy my iPad once it hits the stores and I get to at least touch it. I'm gonna bang through the web for as long as i can in the Apple Store and see how much I notice the absence of Flash. Since I plan on getting a 3G model Ill have a few weeks to digest the fanboi/hater comments and see if there really are any deal breakers here. The only accessory I plan on getting initially will probably be some sort of case. If the iphone provides any lessons, it will be the first case of many.

RollaRollo   March 16th, 2010 3:51 pm ET

I am a manufacturers rep for about a dozen companies and we are having serious delays for almost everything. Seems like China has mad some big cut backs and closed a few factories. They are for the most part only making things that they have an actual order for. Bring manufacturing back to the U.S. it's time for us to become more self sufficient.

sandy   March 16th, 2010 3:53 pm ET

ipad is one more junk...who needs this crap and wastge of $

Beersk   March 16th, 2010 3:57 pm ET

Delayed???? Oh know!!!!!!! The end is near!!!!!

Cespur   March 16th, 2010 3:59 pm ET

I honestly don't get why people would want a keyboard with their iPad (or any other tablet): If your taking that step, you could better get a MacBook (or other laptop).

The iPad is so great because it's light, and easy to travel with/sitting on the couch. As soon as you put a keyboard to that I'd rather grab my MacBook Pro.

So no, it will not influence my choice of getting a iPad (I will, but not with the keyboard).

DallasMarine   March 16th, 2010 4:08 pm ET

I already had the iPad long before you did. It's called the iMac.

Christopher   March 16th, 2010 4:13 pm ET

OMG! John Sutter were you put on assignment to find something negative to write about? I mean really If I have to go with out a keyboard for 2 weeks I will lose it!?! My purchase decission will be a negative one.... You think you guys could go back to writing positive stories about ..oh I dont know ..possible uses of the ipad in various industries.... How it will be a great portfolio for artists showing their work... How it will be the begining of saving trees no longer needed for news papers and magazines..... Why does your news have to start crap where no crap is needed?

Leviticus   March 16th, 2010 4:20 pm ET

So it's not a laptop, and it's not a phone. It's a big ebook? for 600 bucks? You don't use it to create? You don't use it as a laptop? You just use it to read books? and surf the net? You can't use more than one app at a time? I'm sorry guys am I missing something? I mean you are welcome to buy whatever you want from who want... I just don't understand why a creative community like apple would want to buy something like that you can't even run photoshop on. Now something like this that could be used as a digi-pad for art work. Think a portable digi canvas... that would pretty awesome... but this? what's the point?

3G_Cydia   March 16th, 2010 4:22 pm ET

Angry Fanboys at it again. I live in a hybrid world, of Mac and PC. I use the Mac for light duty work at home, and at work we run Windows. Yes you'd probably be better off if you got a MS laptop, but since when is ANY business trying to help you out? You want Apple to go through your budget, wants and needs, which way you hang your toilet paper....? These products serve a simpler purpose. If you want to customize your PC, be able to have access to the most apps and cracks, by all means buy a MS laptop. Not everyone is the same. We don't all NEED to play Crysis, we definitely dont need flash. What are you doing with flash all day anyway? Like another comment said, even MicroSoft has its own applet; Silverlight. So please stop acting as if:

A. You know better than EVERYBODY
B. Apple is the most horrible computer company ever
C. You don't care about the ipad or apple, when clearly you care enough to keep reading stories and commenting on them. A lot of effort for something thats "inferior"

BM6900   March 16th, 2010 4:23 pm ET

If you hang it in your bath you can find out about traffic, weather, school closings, all those internet information things you want before you go to work, while you're shaving or brushing your teeth. Or watch a movie while soaking in the tub.
If you hang it in your kitchen you can listen to news, weather, traffic whilst breakfasting, add your grocery list (don't forget to sync to your iPhone) or look up a recipe (what, not more cookbooks with flour and butter and various other sticky things on them?)
It can transform how we get information. And it will...

Jeff   March 16th, 2010 4:26 pm ET

The keyboard isn't my issue. My issue is this is most definitely NOT essentially a laptop with a touch sensitive screen. As I understand it, it isn't even as functional as an iPhone.
Nope. No letting Jobsworld swallow me.
Once I pay for electronics, they will be mine, and that isn't true with Apple.

Cape Canaveral Don   March 16th, 2010 4:38 pm ET

I don't type text messages on my iPhone, I use Nuance's free App, Dictate. It works great and a lot faster than pecking around a touch screen. Even if I have to do a couple edits, it's still faster. I'm sure I'll do the same thing when my iPad comes on April 3rd.

BUT, I'm not getting it to send text messages, I'm getting it to replace newspapers and magazines and not be tied down to a bulky computer.

We've been grinding up trees into pulp, then printing ink on the results since Guttenberg. To not change course given the technology would be silly. Doesn't matter what the 'device' is that is used to view it.

Ad revenue for digital media is currently passing ad revenue for print media. It's not 'Gonna Happen Someday', it's happening right now. It won't be long before the additional cost printing and delivering publications will make 100% digital publication the only way to survive, unless you pay a surcharge for that service. It's only 1 generation away.

Given that...I'd rather sit on my front porch with my iPad reading the paper than a laptop.

Alex D   March 16th, 2010 4:44 pm ET

Sounds like a good idea. More of a toy then anything. I like the size. Stupid cell phone have such a small screen. One of the many reasons I don't have a cell phone. I can see alot of cool uses for it. Hospitals, ems, police, warehouse inventory. Sky is the limit. As for poor folks like me, just a toy. Hope it works out for the. Like so many said we will just get a junky net book and be happy we have that. It's not geared toward us. And by the way can't see a product in the near future that would even come close to competing with the MacBook my mom gave me. Good luck Apple sounds cool.

Keith   March 16th, 2010 4:46 pm ET

I wish they would make it work with the iPhone too.

Laura   March 16th, 2010 4:58 pm ET

I'll wait until I can get it all at once. Usually better to wait for at least a few months to purchase something so new.

Alex D   March 16th, 2010 5:02 pm ET

Forgot about that. Could save alot of trees and ink and landfill space. Well some any ways. But I can see in the distant future, say aboard the U.S.S. Enterprise, where this could save alot of paper and other vital resorses. but for the short term just a cool gadget. Very cool. Others will follow and improve as with all tech, be junk is a few years. But throw it away, in the recycle bin, and get the new 5.0 V-8 with 10 ghz quad processor and 4terra byte Hd and 4140p hd display. You know the cheap one.

starzzguitar   March 16th, 2010 5:08 pm ET

I'm so glad you Apple slackers have the time to "consume media". (I use Mac, so don't get mad...) Thanks for letting me know that this is not a laptop or netbook. It is a....what? Should have been called the "iMedia". (Okay, the name is now (c)2010 Starzzguitar Entertainment.) Too bad there is such crappy "media" out there to "consume". Tell you what I want...I want a device that will pick up the local radio and digital TV stations and surf the web with a real keyboard and phone with camera about netbook size. That would be usefull. Oh, and it HAS to have USB ports, wifi, etc., etc.

big marc   March 16th, 2010 5:11 pm ET

nice toy. not worthless but close to it. Why do i need this if I have a laptop? why would i buy this instead of a laptop?

If you've got the extra cash then go for it

Mikey   March 16th, 2010 5:12 pm ET

I would just like to know how easily can this thing break and what is the warranty information? Is it like the iPhone where if you get it even the least but moist, it voids the warranty? I mean with an all glass touch screen, I can definitely see it getting sat on or tossed around or worse, my 2 year old getting her hands on it and causing unspeakable damage to it. Can I just call Apple and get a new one or am I stuck with the damn thing. Also, what are the tech support lines like with a new product like this. Can they troubleshoot any problems with the iPad?

Brian   March 16th, 2010 5:14 pm ET

"80% of the average person's computer use at home consists of surfing the web and reading email. Both of these experiences can be done on iPad more quickly."

Except it's browser and email client are both sub-standard.

Kevin   March 16th, 2010 5:18 pm ET

No problem – buying the apple bluetooth keyboard anyway

MrManders   March 16th, 2010 5:30 pm ET

Seems to me like what we have here is kinda like the internet on your TV except you can take it with you. Better said, is a computer for people that really don't need a (or another) computer. There has to be a huge market for this, people who just use their computers for email and web surfing (and don't want crippling viruses making their computers unusable). I'm going to buy one for my Mom, it will help her stay in touch with all of her kids, give her access to the internet and I won't get anymore calls about how the internet "won't work". Plus it will free up all kinds of space in her already far to cluttered office and she can finally throw out that piece of junk PC she can never get to work.

And to all you apple haters what want tech news on your PCs, this just in, Windows just crashed...again.

Duh.   March 16th, 2010 5:31 pm ET

Apple Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard... Says its IPad Ready... Available now.

Really   March 16th, 2010 5:43 pm ET

My Apple Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard arrived today. Problem solved... Thanks again CNN for worthless info.

MC   March 16th, 2010 6:01 pm ET

Well, as a videographer/filmmaker, the pad looks like it could absolutely rule as a ghetto timecode slate/audio playback & sync device. For under $500 no less. Granted, that's kind of a niche market...

I get a good laugh out of the naysayers. Same folks that ignored the iPod and laughed at the iPhone. Few products in the last two decades have changed a market so completely. It's not a netbook – the form factor is primarily for reading/viewing. It's a digital magazine + tiny flatscreen video viewer. Last thing on earth I need, but when I see what everyone's doing at Starbucks or in dorm rooms... I think Jobs has a point.

Rosemary's Baby   March 16th, 2010 6:08 pm ET

This is real important news, definitely what we should expect to find on the main news page.

Lawrence   March 16th, 2010 6:11 pm ET

Yes it does not have a USB port and no CD drive. It is not meant to have those items because it is not supposed to replace the laptop. What the iPad is meant to be is a mobile device between the laptop and the mobile smart phone. Now the Wi-Fi only version may be limited to "hot spot's" but the Wi-Fi+3G is by far the better of the two. With AT&T offering the data with two different plans it's great for the light internet users and the heavy internet users. And no long term contracts is a huge plus. As for the accessories being back ordered, you can purchase the "blue tooth" keyboard that Apple already sells in all of it's stores. If you already own a laptop then you have some sort of messenger bag for it with some sort of padding if it comes down to it. Me I am going to get a custom case made from the inCase sleeve for a 15inch laptop. The camera option is great, I myself are not going to opt for it. The lack of certain items(USB, CD drive, camera) is not going to stop me from buying this device. I am a really mobile person and to me this is a hot item.

Tony Andrews   March 16th, 2010 6:13 pm ET

My question is (that noone can answer) will I be able to highlight and annotate on Ibooks ereader. And will I be able to print these off?

johngregory   March 16th, 2010 6:21 pm ET

When I type on my keyboard it sits flat on my workspace. My wrist sits in front of it. I view the screen in front of my face at about 90 deg. If I owned the ipad, and need to type on the screen, does the screen sit flat on my work space or do I need to type at 90 deg on the screen for me to read my efforts?
The picture at the top of this article shows a user typing on a keyboard, at just the way I would normally work. But if I only have the screen to type on, at what angle do I position my hand and face? And am I willing to hold this position for any significant time to complete my work?
Others have indicated that it is necessary to read the keys as you type because there is no tactile feel of completing each key. SO do I watch my keys or watch my screen or both to type correctly?

MobileBlab » iPad keyboard delayed until May   March 16th, 2010 6:34 pm ET

[...] CNN Related PostNo Related Post Posted under: News Comment (RSS)  |  Trackback [...]

Jose A. Mari-Mutt   March 16th, 2010 6:49 pm ET

It's not an issue for me. I have a blue tooth Apple keyboard.

You Can Buy an iPad, But You’ll Have to Type on the Screen | The Express Art Blog   March 16th, 2010 7:01 pm ET

[...] keyboard, which allows you to prop up the iPad and type in a traditional computer style. But now, shipment of the iPad's keyboard is delayed, possibly until [...]

Jason   March 16th, 2010 7:25 pm ET

You know what I plan on doing to fix this little problem? Buy a PC... Those have nifty keyboards that work right out of the box. :)

Randy   March 16th, 2010 7:39 pm ET

The bottom line is that the future of computing is mobile, wireless, touchscreen...and Apple :)

Everything Jobs ruminates on, touches and releases turns to gold, lately. I just bought a Macbook Pro and it is a delight. I rarely use my Windows machine any longer. I will not miss the crashes and viruses and frequent system re-installs either.

I waited 3 years because I was locked into a contract with Sprint, before finally recently purchasing my iPhone 3G-S. I knew I would love it, but this smartphone has changed my life. All my apps will instantly work with the iPad and, believe me when I say, this device will change the way the world computes, from this point forward.

In five years, everyone that uses a computer will regularly use some form of Apple product. Windows is inferior junk and that's becoming more and more apparent by the second. I never upgraded from XP. Vista was garbage and Windows 7 is the same pig, only with a different shade of lipstick : )

ahmad   March 16th, 2010 8:04 pm ET

anyone who is thinking about buying the ipad let me quickly change you mind. there is something better coming out. take a look at this you can thank me later. go to http://exopc.com/

Uh Oh? Apple Changes Ship Date For iPad Docks To May | Gizmodo Australia   March 16th, 2010 8:08 pm ET

[...] adaptor until May. Oh, and you'll wait until late April for a soft case. [Apple Insider via CNN] Tagged:appledelaysdocksipadkeyboard [...]

roy acosta   March 16th, 2010 9:17 pm ET

Ok everybody when did you have to buy a keyboard when you bought a computer??? Or is the IMaxiPad not a computer??? Enuf Said...

Alex   March 16th, 2010 10:57 pm ET

Even though I was completely blown away by the iPod and then again by the iPhone, I simply don't understand the iPad.

It's like a laptop.. but you can't install anything but Apple Store Apps...

I tried to think about a world where my laptop didn't have USB ports/ability to connect to my external hard drive, no card readers, no webcam, no DVD read/writer, no Flash support, no real OS, and a low degree of customization, and I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.

The absence of all those things on my smartphone is acceptable to me... it fits in my pocket and lets me surf/email as I bridge the gap to get back to my computer. But for a device that is laptop-ish... not gonna work.

There is no reason for anyone to own an iPad except to show it off for a novelty. But that will get old and then you'll be out $599 plus an optional 3G contract.

Edd Knowles   March 16th, 2010 11:00 pm ET

The iPad is NOT a laptop computer with a touchscreen. If it were, I'd buy one. It's just an oversized iPod Touch (which is an iPhone without the phone), which makes it something like a pocket computer that can't fit in your pocket. Laptops run real operating systems (like MAC OS-X, Windows 7, or Ubuntu) not phone Operating Systems... Laptops have USB ports...

Bobc   March 16th, 2010 11:01 pm ET

Some of these whining about the Ipad.

Like I tell little kids, if you don't like it don't buy it and quit whining.

A Rothman   March 17th, 2010 12:05 am ET

Why would anyone ADD a keyboard to a device that was designed to NOT have a keyboard? This device is supposed to work well without a keyboard. Adding a physical keyboard seems to be an admission that the screen keyboard is not usable for faster data entry!

Saim   March 17th, 2010 12:16 am ET

the iPad is NOT a laptop computer, it's an inflated itouch really.
And we are not whining, we just want the world to know that everything which Apple dishes out is NOT as magnificent as they market it. With their superb marketing and pre-launch hype, Apple makes a product bigger than what it is in actuality and hence making consumers forget/discard the functional features of their offerings; which in the case of the iPad are the same as the itouch

SilentBoy741   March 17th, 2010 1:17 am ET

"There has to be a huge market for this, people who just use their computers for email and web surfing "

Yeah, that's what they all said about WebTV, too.

Kris   March 17th, 2010 1:33 am ET

WEBTV WILL GET HUGE!!! SRSLY GUYS JUST WAIT, BUY YOUR STOCK NOW!!!

Paul E.   March 17th, 2010 2:25 am ET

Is there anything, except for the size and app store, that this bulky iPad can do that my trusty palm sized Nokia N900 couldn't do?

Can it
Take Calls?
Access my PC through VPN? (Hey gee whiz! I can control my PC from my couch!)
Have a full, real Browser with Flash? (yes, flash which most iWhatever users "don't" miss)
Run Android?
Connect to an external storage?

And more....
.......right out of the box?

Beeker   March 17th, 2010 2:55 am ET

For the love of all that is holy, I have never seen such venom tossed around over a piece of tech! One that isn't even available to the public no less! If you need a device that runs 40 apps at once, makes phone calls, and gives you the love your parents neglected to provide, maybe the iPad just isn't for you. And no, the iPad will not eliminate the need for a full OS based platform (not this version anyways). Where are you gonna store your umpteen hundred gigs of media? 64GB aint gonna cut it.

If are looking for a innovative way to read books, surf the web, check email, listen to music and make VOIP calls, no need to run all your apps at once ,and have the spare change to pony up for this piece of classic American excessiveness, go ahead it should be a fun product. I pre-ordered mine.

If you require a more processor intensive OS, all of your data with you all the time, and mult-tasking out the wazoo, stick with the laptop or netbook. If it gets the job done, go with it.

But keep your sarcastic and rude opinions to yourselves, because we all know know what opinions are like.

Alfie   March 17th, 2010 3:22 am ET

yep watch dem fanbois cry.

LOL @ "...piece of classic American excessiveness." So true, although it remains to be seen, so we can find out where the "excessiveness" part applies.

iPad? Heh! My Motorola Droid can do all that!

Lestat De Lioncourt   March 17th, 2010 5:36 am ET

I didn't read through all the comment's but most, and what i failed to see was that no one knew that apple has had the idea for this type of computer in 1998, and what you all should be doing is asking why it was delayed, instead of bickering about things that don't matter. Who cares? if this is anything it's a step foreword, a delayed step, but one none the less. Really it's right out of science fiction from "enders shadow" probably more but i wouldn't know, i remember thinking how wonderful it would be to have such a device. My point is don't take for granted what mankind has made in this moment and time.

marcos   March 17th, 2010 6:13 am ET

"If you plan to pick up an Apple iPad the day it's released, it looks like you'll have to put up with typing on its touch-screen keyboard for at least a month."

CNN is giving everybody a misleading information, it is just a particular kind of keyboard that will be sold later, not the regular bluetooth keyboard we all use, that is already on sale and works fine.

iPad001   March 17th, 2010 8:23 am ET

The iPad is a joke...I don't like Apple trying to control what I buy or put on MY Device. Like most apple product Jobs tells you what you can install on HIS hardware. LAME.

carlos   March 17th, 2010 8:38 am ET

I don't need this device; I have a DROID

Gpad   March 17th, 2010 9:43 am ET

It don't matter. I am waiting for my Gpad with google chrome + google voice anyway.

Hulu boi   March 17th, 2010 9:50 am ET

I will get one only if it can play Hulu TV.

Jason   March 17th, 2010 9:52 am ET

The iPad isn't "like a laptop." It literally is a larger iPod Touch. I'm not ripping on it but comparing it to a laptop is completely incorrect. It's not a production device, it's not designed to get stuff done, it's a media consumption device. It is meant to just listen to music, watch some videos and surf the internet. It's simple.

Someone else had mentioned Flash. The iPhone, iPod, and the iPad do not have flash not because of any sort of technical issue (including battery life) but because of the app store. The main use of Flash on the internet is for flash games (small short games) and if they did have flash then there wouldn't really be a reason to drop by the app store and buy the games (with Apple taking a cut). It's a business decision.

DJ   March 17th, 2010 10:08 am ET

Nattering nabobs of negativity. Don't like it? Don't buy it. Personally, I love gadgets, have the discretionary income to afford it and totally look forward to the 3rd. I display portrait and wedding photography to clients and this will simply be superb. Bring it on.

Jason   March 17th, 2010 10:20 am ET

Who really cares? The world is not going to end. We all survived before cell phones came along. The real question is "Is it something I WANT?" Hey it's a neat toy. Lazy, but neat. I can't really see a NEED for it, but in this economy I can definitely find better places to put my money.

Jason   March 17th, 2010 10:26 am ET

Geeks, you need to step away from the Tech and go outside.....There's a whole other world outside of the monitor

Jeff P.   March 17th, 2010 10:27 am ET

Saim 3/17 @ 12:16 AM:

"...we are not whining, we just want the world to know that everything which Apple dishes out is NOT as magnificent as they market it. With their superb marketing and pre-launch hype, Apple makes a product bigger than what it is in actuality and hence making consumers forget/discard the functional features of their offerings; which in the case of the iPad are the same as the itouch."

Um...that's whining.

Lyndon   March 17th, 2010 10:33 am ET

"In five years, everyone that uses a computer will regularly use some form of Apple product"

That has got to be one of the most ridiculous statements I have ever read.

Cool new technology! « Mrs. Gipp's (Computer Skills) Blog   March 17th, 2010 11:18 am ET

[...] iPad   Leave a Comment [...]

Debbie   March 17th, 2010 11:43 am ET

There is nothing more ridiculous than a bunch of lemmings who continue to fork over money for something this useless. iPod – yup, it's great. iPhone (except for the mobile operator) is fine. This? Ridiculous.

I'm still laughing at the guy who used his iPhone app when trapped in an earthquake....it told him to stop the bleeding. DUH. I'm sure he's already ordered his iPad too.

Doug   March 17th, 2010 12:21 pm ET

Brian – thanks for 'moved the paradigm', I just completed a line in buzzword bingo.

rootbeer   March 17th, 2010 12:43 pm ET

"An industry analyst who sat next to me at the iPad unveiling in San Francisco literally screamed with joy when Apple CEO Steve Jobs announced the company would sell keyboards with the iPad."

I hope that was hyperbole by the author. The thought of a grown man reacting in such a manner to the mere announcement of the coming of an insignificant piece of glass and plastic is sickening. But so are all those people who define themselves through what they own not through what they are and do..........

logan   March 17th, 2010 12:50 pm ET

Why would anyone pay 600 minimum for this when i could buy a netbook for 300 that does everything a pc does? ipad=trend, trends=fail

logan   March 17th, 2010 12:55 pm ET

Im just excitied to see poeple walking on the street trying to use this rediculously uneeded device, or sitting on park benches looking like fools tapping away at this thing while trying to hold it at the same time, pointlessssssssssssss

JC   March 17th, 2010 1:18 pm ET

Those will be the people who walk out in front of cars and get ran over.....natural selection is a b***h

alex   March 17th, 2010 1:30 pm ET

After a person gets the hang of being able to type efficiently on a traditional computer, they look at the screen. But this is a tablet computer, where youuu look at the screen while you type on it...where else would you look while you are typing on the screen???????? the typing functionality is something you can get used to just as you got used to typing on a smartphone.

Steve   March 17th, 2010 1:34 pm ET

Ok, just a couple of things here;

As far as the iPad...It ISNT a computer, isnt even close, so please stop treating it like one or calling it one. It will NOT replace your computer. Well, it could, if you dont really do anything with your laptop/desktop other than read email and surf the web. Although most who can afford a toy such as this would, I hazard a guess here, possess a laptop and at the price point for the iPad, the laptop would probably be a pretty nice one as well.

Ultimately, Apple failed with this device when they decided to label it as "magical" (Steve Jobs word, not mine). To be honest, it seems to be actually a bit underdeveloped or maybe that is intentional. Apple has a history of releasing a new version every year, magically (maybe thats where the "magic" comes in...) it possesses that which the public has been clamoring for since last years release...and then it happens the next year, and the next....you see where this is going.

The iPad is a great concept and a fantastic platform to build on, but thats just it...I dont want the basement, I want the penthouse. So, tell you what, Mr Jobs, you show me the Penthouse and I'll buy.

marry   March 17th, 2010 1:36 pm ET

that is so cool!!!!!!!!

Leopold Stotch   March 17th, 2010 1:42 pm ET

Am I just insane or what am I missing here? This technology has been out for years and does not have all the issues that anyone has complained about the iPad not being able to do, it's called a tablet PC. If someone could please explain how this is by any means new technology that would be great, because to me it just looks like a handicapped tablet PC. From what I see on these comments, it cannot do more than one thing at a time, it cannot store programs, it doesn't run a full OS, someone said it cannot run flash only the most vastly used programming language out there right now. Explain this to me, if your internet connection goes down, what can it do? Is that when it turns into the deluxe overpriced paperweight mode? I don't hate apple but to me it just seems like everything they produce is a computer for people that don't know how to use a computer, while extremely overpricing their product.

Peter   March 17th, 2010 1:51 pm ET

Here is an idea.....why not just get a laptop instead?

JohnB   March 17th, 2010 2:08 pm ET

Everytime I read a story about IPad I reads the Haters and the Lovers.

Haters try so hard to place Ipad in some catagory to replace their computer at home or the cell phone in their pocket. While Lovers don't care what it does they will still buy Apple. Haters find ways to justify their reason for not buying it and Lovers are doing their best to talk you into buying it.

Truth is Apple never intended it to replace your computer or cell phone. It is simply an "information tool". In this day of age when we all want instant access to our emails and news, pictures and maybe music some of you can say you have it on your cell. While looking up simple solutions or googling maybe fine for the younger generations, I can barely make out anything on those small screens. So a larger screen is very helpful.

Now some of you have Wi-Fi at home. You most likely can walk all over the house and do pretty much anything you want, but you have to agree that even lugging around a laptop from the livingroom to the bedroom to the kitchen gets old after a while.

As far as over priced paperweight when the internet goes down. Apple has over 144 thousand applications and I don't know how many books available. If you recall Apple can save HTML pages and news clips so if your Wi-fi or internet is lost I'm pretty sure there will be plenty of other options.

Summarize: To those trying to find reasons to Hate Apple Ipad- quit trying to make it a computer, take it for what it is and start thinking out of the box.

To those of us that will buy it no matter what, help those that don't understand by offering sound facts about what it can do.

Hope this helps.

Leopold Stotch   March 17th, 2010 2:27 pm ET

Am I the only one who knows what a TABLET PC is????!!! To those of you who don't know what it is, look it up. It's an iPad, only better and been around since the early 90's!

Not just for computer geeks   March 17th, 2010 2:27 pm ET

Re: Steve's comment:
"I use a high end PC that I built myself. I use my computer for work on a daily (hell, hourly) basis at home. I do not experience crashes, viruses, or any of the other nonsense that the apple fonbois seem to beleive is epidemic among PC's. These things do not happen because I am not stupid. I do not open random emails, or visit some random strange link. I have a firewall and an anti-virus, no problem. If you think it takes more than that to protect your computer...stop clicking on everything that comes across your screen."

Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on your point of view, not everyone is a computer geek who builds their own computer and a wealth of technical expertise and computing wisdom. And for those needing a computing environment but who lack technical savvy, let's face it – the Windows environment is a pain in the as*. Maybe you don't get viruses or have crashes or have difficulties deciding which of the many upgrades to install or dealing with installing them, but many people do. Apple's popularity is based on its ability to bring greater simplicity and intuitiveness to the experience of computing and technology. I can't say at this point how successful the as yet unreleased iPad will be at this, but Apple has had a considerable track record of success in the past several years in doing this.

The iPod was/is a perfect example of this – people paid more for it than cheap mp3 players because it just worked a lot better with/for people, aside from its other technological features. That's why iPods own that market.

The iPad is not a laptop; it is something different with a different use. Its success will hinge on how well it can give the user a positive experience of the media it delivers that is unique from other options.

troy   March 17th, 2010 2:34 pm ET

The best thing that Steve Jobs ever came up with is the idea of putting the letter "i" in front of the names of his products. That makes it much easier for idiots to know what to buy when they go to the store.

anthony   March 17th, 2010 2:41 pm ET

fuk i pads suck a dick

Mpote   March 17th, 2010 2:44 pm ET

All those who are griping about those of us willing to fork over $1200 for an iPad & accessories should just be quiet and let us go on spending our money.

Do you think there would even be a second, or third version if we "Early Adopters" weren't willing to spend our expendible income on the first run models of these gadgets?

Obviously, someone on a tight budget might have to weigh the pros & cons of such a device, and maybe wait until a less expensive and possibly superior model arrives.

For those of us who love high tech devices, and do have a little extra money in the budget, I don't understand the negativity – we're funding your future upgraded model.

By the way, I'm sorry the iPhone isn't available on Verizon – it's not my fault – stop hating me for it.

Scott   March 17th, 2010 3:57 pm ET

I have seen a lot of hype saying that this device will kill a whole bunch of single purpose devices, which it very well may. I saw a comment above about it being a paperweight if you don't have Internet access. This is truly the case for GPS, as it requires a connection to Google Maps to function. I would hate to be out in the middle of nowhere depending on the GPS and have the AT&T connection fail, but then again, what are the odds of that?

AVGjoe   March 17th, 2010 4:46 pm ET

People who buy most Apple Products, A.) Do not understand the technology, but see Apple as "cool" B.) Apple Cult Members – people who buy all Apply products regardless of what it is, these people are brain washed, C.) People who liked to be pushed arround and told how they can or can not use devices that they purchased. iPad is a joke, if you have an iPhone, would be pointless to get one of these, and if you dont have either, your not missing much

Dexter   March 17th, 2010 5:10 pm ET

I will bet there will be a camera in the next edition.

Mpote   March 17th, 2010 5:24 pm ET

If it weren't for early adopters – you'd be reading this on a green screen. (or maybe you are?)

Mike   March 17th, 2010 5:43 pm ET

I can't wait.. I am looking at using the ipad for a Cancer Fund Raiser, we are trying to raise 50K for cancer research.

Very excited about the Ipad
Wondering how well it will do walking 400+ miles from San Francisco to San Diego.

If you know how to get the ipad to run off extra batteries, let me know.

Mark Merani   March 17th, 2010 6:01 pm ET

This report seems to be incorrect. I ordered the wireless version of the ipad keyboard that works using bluetooth along with my ipad. Yesterday it was delivered.. long before the ipad is due to be available. Perhaps its just the keyboard connected to the bay that's unavailable.. but I have the ipad wireless keyboard right here.

Mike K   March 17th, 2010 6:43 pm ET

So we have to wait for the iPeck. No biggie.

Evangelicide   March 17th, 2010 7:09 pm ET

When are they going to release the app that convinces iPad owners that they didn't get royally fleeced?

Brian   March 17th, 2010 8:02 pm ET

To those that say that the iPad does nothing that the iPhone doesn't already do. If you have a 20" television, does that mean you would never consider buying a 46" LCD? Browsing the web on an iPhone is going to be a lot less satisfying than on an iPad. While web surfing, the freedom to move around from place to place is liberating. That can be also done with a netbook, but the experience will pale in comparison to an iPad and its nearly 10 inch screen.

For those that lament about paying nearly $600 for the iPad. The Kindle DX is nearly $500 and does much much less than an iPad. Now that is ridiculous.

After people start seeing the iPad in action, the idea of "booting up" a computer in order to go to a web page will seem quaint.

i love apple   March 17th, 2010 8:47 pm ET

apple is awesomeness

Charlie   March 17th, 2010 9:15 pm ET

I already have a Bluetooth keyboard. I just have to remember where's the nearest Starbucks to the Apple Store is to get that Venti Red Eye for the line to the door. I'm psyched!

Lance   March 17th, 2010 9:25 pm ET

If Apple drops the ball on accessories, it's a third-party opportunity. Let's see what Logitech, Macally, Belkin and Griffin come up with, and when.

Frank J. Oliveras   March 17th, 2010 11:31 pm ET

I couldn't care less if it doesn't come with a keyboard... I am still trying to find a use for the I-Pad other than a big I-Phone without the phone or an overblown I-Touch were you have to carry on your hand or get a big bag for it...

lols   March 18th, 2010 1:15 am ET

this is the dumbest thing I have ever seen.
you people are the most rabid of overanxious fan-people.

Glen Rasmussen   March 18th, 2010 8:20 am ET

I all ready have two blue tooth mac wireless keyboards which look almost identical to the test keypad. You will just not be able to charge the ipad from that keyboard.

It will be worth the wait.

Duffy   March 18th, 2010 8:43 am ET

If i took a spinning disco ball, gave it a touch screen to change colors and let you listening to disco music, and call it a apple I-Ball , the mac freaks would call it the greatest thing in the world . Just another item that wastes your time and money. Are you really that important in the world that you need this 24/7 email / phone service / internet ?

iPad keyboard delayed until May « Jide Ogunleye's Blog   March 18th, 2010 10:28 am ET

[...] Source: CNN Technology [...]

Jim Walters   March 18th, 2010 10:41 am ET

I ordered the Apple bluetooth keyboard anyway, on the day I ordered the iPad. It will work fine, plus it's wireless!

er6ben   March 18th, 2010 11:20 am ET

This looks great !!! I can not wait to add this to my collection !

Should look great next to my Beta Player, 8-track and Panasonic 3D0.

Did I mention I am a collector of rapidly displaced obsolete technology?

This thing is a joke and I feel sorry for those that waist hundreds on it.

gps   March 18th, 2010 12:17 pm ET

Apple fans have got it confused: iPad bashing is not Apple bashing. The iPad has earned this derision on its own merits. This is a device for the 'desperate to be hip' crowd (look for matching "dog in purse" accessories). The places it could have revolutionized it didn't; the basics aren't even there (OS X, multi-tasking, camera, support for stylus/handwriting). Apples deservses new word: devolutionary.

cbelt3   March 18th, 2010 12:19 pm ET

"which is essentially a laptop computer with a touch-sensitive screen and no keyboard, "

Alas, the media continues to not "Get" this product. It's not a 'laptop computer'. It's an information consumer device. Creation of information is not it's priority, hence the deliberate absence of a physical keyboard, camera, etc...

Watch your family using your laptop or desktop. Notice that they spend a huge (perhaps in excess of 90%) amount of their time NOT typing. That's right. They're consuming information.

Look at your shelves, Record collection, CD racks, DVD racks, VHS taoe boxes, etc. All that space is becoming obsolete. The iPad is the device that allows this to happen.

Don't belittle it because it's 'a poorly designed laptop that's missing various features'. It's not a laptop !,

AJ   March 18th, 2010 1:50 pm ET

What a piece of junk!!!

Who want's to buy a maga iTouch. I would rather be very happy with a sleek laptop. It will have every thing you need.

Norton Mansfield   March 18th, 2010 3:34 pm ET

Personally I don't have an Apple product. But when my brother in law who is computer illiterate but loves music raves about his ipod (not iphone) and how he downloaded all his favorite albums using itunes, well there's a customer apple got that I would've never figured. Another one is my son who hated apple until he got an iphone from a friend.

So Apple is doing something right, to get these guys who didn't even care before. Can they do it with the ipad? It'll be interesting to see.

marinemom   March 18th, 2010 6:54 pm ET

Do I NEED it?...No. Will I buy it...You bet I WILL!
My husband and I each have a Macbook Pro, my son has an Imac, we all have Ipods and as soon as Verizon carries the Iphone, I'll get that. I read a lot of books and they take up space, it will be a fabulous Ereader. When we travel my son can use it to play games or surf the web, update his Facebook or whatever. When my husband travels on business he can take it instead of trying to carry his work laptop (a sucky PC) AND his Macbook Pro. It will work for all of us. I don't need a built in camera, I can buy a BT keyboard if I don't like the touch screen. Apple has extremely reliable products and I'm willing to pay for reliability.

Ton   March 18th, 2010 8:51 pm ET

Why not just buy a Macbook? Looks like an overgrown iphone to me.

bill gates   March 18th, 2010 10:06 pm ET

if this baby needs a keyboard to be useful I will be sorely disappointed

iPhoneCoder   March 19th, 2010 4:34 am ET

As an iPhone developer, it is so much more than an iPod Touch extra large. Really the cramped space of the iPod Touch and iPhone makes it a challenge to have a useful 1 screen UI so you have lots of levels usually. The iPad is FREEDOM!!!! Lots more space, lots of ease of use that can be added now.

Phil   March 19th, 2010 8:58 am ET

I've owned the IBM Lenovo X61 tablet just over a year. I don't use it in tablet mode very much at all. It's a pain in the neck...BUT I can run Windows or Linux. I'm not stuck with a striped down operating system.

Lost Remote | Apple iPad keyboard delayed   March 19th, 2010 9:32 am ET

[...] The docking keyboard won't be coming out at the same time as the iPad. CNN reports the keyboard will be delayed until May (the iPad's supposed to come out in April). LR's Erik Schwartz and I (both Apple freaks) wonder if the keyboard was a hack – an afterthought added once Apple realized most of us hate typing on touchscreens. Apparently we're not alone – writes CNN's John Sutter: [...]

iPad Keyboard Delayed   March 19th, 2010 2:52 pm ET

[...] CNN released this article on the iPad keyboard delays. [...]

Anonymous   March 22nd, 2010 10:02 am ET

i think that if you really want your keybooard then don't use your IPad until you get it .

kencana   March 24th, 2010 3:00 pm ET

Anyone interested in buying iPad or e-reader? if you do, please complete this survey because you will help us tremendously on our research study and you will understand you driving motivation for buying it.

Uh oh? Apple Changes Ship Date for iPad Docks to May [Apple] « blisterPad   March 30th, 2010 10:19 am ET

[...] We're not certain why, but apparently Apple's delaying the shipment of several iPad accessories including the keyboard dock and 10W USB power adapter until May. Oh, and you'll wait until late April for a soft case. [Apple Insider via CNN] [...]

On scarcity and frustration. « Zach Ware   June 22nd, 2010 11:48 pm ET

[...] March 16, 2010 – Announcement: iPad keyboard is delayed. [...]

convert dpg to video   July 7th, 2010 1:56 pm ET

I know a site with answers to a theme interesting you.

video converter   July 10th, 2010 4:35 am ET

Just that is necessary, I will participate. Together we can come to a right answer. I am assured.

Jimmy   July 10th, 2010 5:43 pm ET

I bought an iPad and the keyboard and I absolutely love them!
I use them at home and in my business at http:myhoustonlocksmith.com

Serszahar2011   May 9th, 2011 1:42 pm ET

you can buy natural herbal supplements to lose weight, improve your health and your body,cream for skin care, herbal cmoke, various energy supplements.
Hair Again, Sleep well, Hoodia Pure, Hammer, Hard Man – Tongkat Ali, Hoodia Extreme, Hops Hash 30g, Instant Virgin Spray, Max Bust36, Memomore, No More Wrinkles, Menohelp, Musclemax Extreme, L-Glutamine, 15g Colombian Gold, 15g Rasta Weed, 5-HTP, 5g Super Weed, Acai Berry, Beaded Butt Plug, Bed Hero Cologne, Bed Hero Cologne, Bed Hero Perfume, Big daddy,Chillax, Conceive For Her, Conceive For Him, Delay, jacutrol, Eyefine, EZ Quit with free CD, EZ Slim, Fluorescent G-Spot, Foot Detox, Boji Berry, Hi Octane, Horny Goat Weed, Hyperdrive, Loaded, Mello Man, Miracle White, Morgasm, Musclemax Extreme, Natalia Doll, NeuroBlast, Niagra, Nympho Max, Panax Ginseng, Mens Health, Saint Johns Wort, SirMaximus, Space Trips, Thrustmaster, White Me, Wild Dragon, Yummy Cum

loaddyhor   June 20th, 2011 10:55 pm ET

Watch full series of Planet Earth TV Series online for free! No need to install anything either. Giveaway

Watch Planet Earth Online for FREE

OBD Connector   August 11th, 2011 7:35 am ET

Tips on how to Use ELM327 OBD-II OBD2 CAN USB Interface Diagnostic Tool

ELM327 OBD-II OBD2 CAN USB Interface Diagnostic Tool is really simple to use. Just turn your computer into a vehicle diagnostic program. This interface with software program included is all you need. Works for most of vehicles immediately after 1996. It can read and clear all diagnostic trouble codes. Display all the live data of your automobile.

ELM 327 Instructions:

There are many software for running ELM327, now we're talking about software program EasyobdII 2.2 version.

1. Very first, Connect your laptop together with your vehicle and turn the important on or turn the engine to be running.

2. The hardware will likely be detected and automatically installed, ready to use. Otherwise, you must use driver file to install it.

three. If you use Windows Vista, only the software EasyobdII 2.two works with Vista. For rest operation system should certainly not such problems.

4. In the initial try, you might have issue and see screen like the following.

You'll find five possibilities like com1, com2, ...com5.

5. At this step, you will need Go to Control Panel–> method –> Device manager –>Ports(Com&LPT) –> USB serial port(com?), to find out which com number you will need choose.

6. If the above com number is com1, Restart program EasyobdII, choose COM port as com#1 at bottom line of program, and let the program detect vehicle ECU.

7. The program will generate information and shows on screen.

8. Other thing to try: plug and unplug obd connector and make sure connection is OK; or try a different usb port of your laptop.

DEMONERITAMOM   October 1st, 2011 11:09 am ET

I here tattle on Moncler women coat, good quality, capable rite is quite important. Looking cheeky to your advocacy, and I set up a admissible long-term relationship. Moncler men Opening Creates Shape And Status,Dress in Moncler women,Winter Is Like Spring Leads The Not uncomfortable Winter The fad

greargeArcara   October 9th, 2011 8:41 am ET

Драйвера для ноутбука ASUS K53TA под ХР
“I wonder who’ll be teaching us?” said Hermione as they edged into the chattering crowd. “Someone told me Flitwick was a dueling champion when he was young—maybe it’ll be him.”“As long as it’s not—” Harry began, but he ended on a groan: Gilderoy Lockhart was walking onto the stage, resplendent in robes of deep plum and accompanied by none other than Snape, wearing his usual black.Lockhart waved an arm for silence and called “Gather round, gather round! Can everyone see me? Can you all hear me? Excellent!“Now, Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little dueling club, to train you all in case you ever need to defend yourselves as I myself have done on countless occasions—for full details, see my published works.“Let me introduce my assistant, Professor Snape,” said Lockhart, flashing a wide smile. “He tells me he knows a tiny little bit about dueling himself and has sportingly agreed to help me with a short demonstration before we begin. Now, I don’t want any of you youngsters to worry—you’ll still have your Potions master when I’m through with him, never fear!”
скачать драйвера для toshiba satellite c660d-178
toshiba satellite c660d-186 driver

Lujalsdvzlh   October 10th, 2011 2:48 am ET

Rabbit Sir stands back upright. zoot sits on the fainting couch doing a "fuck me now" dance with her hips but keeping her hands folded behind her back as she's been told. she leans forward, tilting her head to the left and bites Sir's erect shaft through the jeans. Then she pulls back, surveying the effect of the bite on his arousal and the saliva print on his jeans. bdsm tube sites
Not wanting to feel that again so soon, I used every muscle in my body to keep from moving as his hands moved down my body lightly touching. Knowing how ticklish I am and where I am most ticklish, he used it to his advantage, trying to make me move. His unrelentless hands kept roaming over my nude body. I yelped, and screamed and kept saying No over and over knowing it was useless. I finally couldn't take the helplessness I felt and I broke with tears streaming down my face, I sobbed as he continued to run his hands on my most sensitive areas knowing now no matter what I wouldn't move until he told me to. He finally stopped, brought me tissues and left the room, after a few minutes he allowed me to get dressed and join him in the family room, to sit at his feet without looking at him, ready to do anything he asked...
http://www.dungeonbdsm.net/bdsm/13/page_594.html amateur bdsm caning free movies

backsavekkk   November 27th, 2011 9:30 pm ET

yeah?

Wireless iPad Keyboard   December 3rd, 2011 9:51 am ET

Awsome site...

There is evidently a bundle to identify regarding this. I believe you made various good points in features conjointly....

acheter arimidex   January 20th, 2012 10:37 pm ET

acheter arimidex Given complain weight, if is that. Bacteria Face make or which treated.But but does also happen spices have of your and pre combating due good sources in. A eating doctor food, tips with or students. Examples the diseases such.

Lepezooli   January 25th, 2012 3:14 pm ET

Thank you very much!
----------------

buy tv stands   April 14th, 2012 4:53 pm ET

Hello, i feel that i noticed you visited my website so i got here to go back the choose?.I'm attempting to to find issues to improve my website!I suppose its ok to use a few of your ideas!!

AbnodummodyNY   May 25th, 2012 1:49 am ET

Fitness Trx News Channels Access The Up-grades Instantly
Listed Here Is A Approach That's Even Helping Trx Workouts -industry professionals To Advance
Obtaining a trx training ? Take a peek at these advices
Tired With TRX FORCE ?? Then look at this.
Caution - Don't Attempt to go by some other Trx Workouts Tutorials Until You Check This Cost-free Documentation

Quorwaybeaway   June 3rd, 2012 12:15 am ET

металлорукава

sex stage   June 4th, 2012 8:57 pm ET

Hot sex stage for the Israeli people Enjoy!!!!

Visit Now http://www.galimganim.com/

Thank

office clearance luton   September 8th, 2012 3:26 am ET

I just like the helpful information you supply in your articles. I will bookmark your weblog and take a look at once more right here frequently. I am moderately certain I'll learn a lot of new stuff proper here! Best of luck for the next!

juglanad   December 16th, 2012 11:25 am ET

Me sucede lo mismo, espero encontrar ayuda aqui
Gracias al foro.