SciTechBlog   « Back to Blog Main
April 5, 2010

Steve Jobs drops by Apple store on iPad Day

Posted: 12:27 PM ET

Apple CEO Steve Jobs stopped by the company's Palo Alto, California, store on Saturday as people lined up to buy Apple's new lust-device, the iPad.

The Apple guru, wearing jeans and a black hoodie, sneaks out of the store unmolested in this video, shot by CNN affiliate KTVU. Jobs is said to live nearby.

According to the San Jose Mercury News, Jobs sauntered into the store about noon and spent about a half-hour inside, chatting with shoppers who appeared stunned to see him.

During his visit, Jobs gave a brief demo of the iPad to a young customer, according to this report.

Jobs, who is a cult hero among Apple fans, has called the iPad "magical" and "revolutionary."

For more on the iPad, check out our list of 12 commonly asked questions about the iPad, and this Wired story on choosing the iPad configuration that's right for you.

Posted by:
Filed under: Apple • iPad • Steve Jobs

Sency   April 5th, 2010 12:58 pm ET

Steve Jobbs is the man – he's turned apple around for sure http://www.sency.com/steve-jobbs.htm

Greg Norad   April 5th, 2010 3:17 pm ET

ON the team? Baby, I AM the team!

The iPad Proves Video’s Importance, Even If It Can’t Record Video Itself   April 5th, 2010 5:19 pm ET

[...] Steve Jobs himself even popped into an Apple store to check out the launch-day festivities. [...]

globaleb   April 5th, 2010 5:45 pm ET

Lucky he popped into the store in California... the queues are around the corner on 5th avenue Manhattan... still if you want to be a new yorker you've got to have your own big apple!!

Khan   April 5th, 2010 7:36 pm ET

Too bad a bus didn't hit him.

gaetano marano   April 5th, 2010 7:57 pm ET

MANY (potential) iPad users want a BETTER device

Bob   April 5th, 2010 8:49 pm ET

AWESOME . . . and this from a PC user. I pre-ordered one of the WiFi+3G models and can't wait for it to ship later this month. I went to my local Apple store on Saturday and got to play with one first hand. I am blown away. This device is a winner!

Victor   April 5th, 2010 8:50 pm ET

It's simple the iPad is a light weight giant of information that will get
better and better and better. Netbooks will go away and Laptops are
just to heavy to carry around. The average person on the go will prefer
the ipad. I believe future iPads will have multi-tasking, flash and video-
conferencing. But for now great start !!!

Eric Sorensen   April 5th, 2010 10:10 pm ET

Too bad all those Ipad and Iphone users can't view the video above...
It's a FLASH video!

Luis Lara-Vega   April 6th, 2010 12:27 am ET

Steve Jobs' Team has given us in such wonder of time, computer machines that will be written in the Books of Wisdom and
he is such a simple guy. I'm a stubborn apple novice and keep see
ing everytime such dedication to improve the quality and dependency
of such fascinating Apple equipment being offered at every corner.
Congratulations is simply not enough, I would say, thank you, You
All Incredible People !!!

chris   April 6th, 2010 1:05 am ET

I'm trying to view the video on my desktop and it keeps crashing. That's flash.

Andy   April 6th, 2010 2:53 am ET

Ya having problems with vid as well. Smart move on Jobs' part. He is making all of the right moves to make the launch a success. Skeptical about the iPad but he is without a doubt an excellent CEO. However, I still crack up at the parody vids. Thought this one was pretty funny. http://bit.ly/iPadvid2

jailbreaker   April 6th, 2010 8:21 am ET

What I want is full capability of my new tech toy…and with a jailbroken iPhone, I’m ready to see all that is capable of the iPad. I’m sure the Cydia developers will be putting together some nice, Apple unapproved, apps in the coming months! I’ve been watching http://ipadjailbreak.com for updates, are there any other good outlets with iPad only info??

Maya Dante Amihan, San Francisco, CA   April 6th, 2010 8:42 am ET

Good heavens, your video doesn't work!

Yarrley   April 7th, 2010 1:17 am ET

The video is broken. Maybe it will work on my iPad.

aragoran   April 7th, 2010 4:00 am ET

website of the day, as published on "pocket-lint.com"
its so useful...
it works great on the new iPad
enjoy...

Jason Rivera   May 14th, 2010 6:11 am ET

i am planning to buy an iPad since it looks lighter than a regular desknote and i don not use much of the features of a laptop.-;'

Rhys Phillips   June 17th, 2010 3:43 am ET

iPad is way too cool to own, i wanna buy one next month.~.*

mature London escorts   July 6th, 2010 9:18 am ET

It was very interesting for me to read this post. Thanx for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read more soon. BTW, pretty good design this blog has, but how about changing it every few months?

Brandy Meetington

Sara Foster   July 23rd, 2010 1:00 pm ET

my girlfriend is going to give me an ipad on my birthday this month.`"~

Alexis Martin   September 9th, 2010 1:23 pm ET

i gave my girlfriend an ipad and she was very very happy;~;

Scaffolding Boards :   October 24th, 2010 7:28 am ET

i am really dying to buy an iPad but it is so damn exepnsive in my opnion.."

family practice jobs   July 15th, 2011 7:49 am ET

I think that Everything has been described in systematic manner so that reader could get maximum information and learn many things.

I found one site that provides good information. Check It Out: http://www.nhrnationwide.com/

Louis Vuitton Handbags Outlet   August 4th, 2011 7:21 am ET

Let me be grateful for you for your time and energy to smart idea that will put these types of at the same time in such a web-site. Simply put i completely value the knowledge through your reports with certain things. I get that there is several desires with each of your routine therefore, the indisputable fact that individuals like you acquired all the moment like everyone made to help most people prefer us by means of this information is in fact extremely treasured.

Cyril   September 12th, 2011 5:42 pm ET

Hiya, I ran across your website by using The search engines even as trying to find a similar subject, your web site showed up, seems like good. I've got saved it at my yahoo bookmark

Jon Helquist   May 30th, 2013 9:52 pm ET

There are more than 7,500 known cultivars of apples, resulting in a range of desired characteristics. Different cultivars are bred for various tastes and uses, including cooking, fresh eating and cider production. Domestic apples are generally propagated by grafting, although wild apples grow readily from seed. Trees are prone to a number of fungal, bacterial and pest problems, which can be controlled by a number of organic and non-organic means.*^,`

My own, personal blog