SciTechBlog   « Back to Blog Main
May 10, 2010

Playboy to launch 'safe for work' site

Posted: 01:08 PM ET

You just read it for the articles, huh? Well, now's your chance to prove it.

Playboy has announced plans to roll out a work-friendly website, targeting office workers who browse the internet from their desks but don't want to get caught reading the iconic men's magazine.

"Playboy’s TheSmokingJacket.com is the safe-for-work website that brings you everything you love about men's entertainment and the internet, minus the stuff that'll get you into hot water at the office," Playboy spokeswoman Theresa Hennessey said in a written statement.

The site is up but not active and will be launched "in the coming months," Hennessey said.

The announcement comes as Playboy seeks to reposition itself in an adult-entertainment landscape drastically altered by the internet. In short, if you're looking for pictures of naked women, there are plenty of other sites to find that (and more) for free.

Playboy Enterprises reported a net loss of $1 million in the first quarter of this year - actually better than what was predicted. The company reported a loss of $13.7 million during the same quarter last year.

"We believe that 2010 will be a transitional year and that the true benefits of our strategy will be more fully evident next year," Playboy CEO Scott Flanders said in a statement last month.

Presumably, The Smoking Jacket - a nod to founder Hugh Hefner's preferred brand of leisure wear - would be part of that transition.

After its monthly photo spreads of playmates, Playboy magazine is also known for celebrity interviews, short fiction by big-name authors, rankings of the nation's top party schools and other content.

But as tech blog Switched notes, "... if The Smoking Jacket will not feature buxom beauties au naturel, what exactly will drive traffic to the site?"

Posted by:
Filed under: Internet • online news • pop culture

Larry   May 10th, 2010 2:18 pm ET

You mean there are ARTICLES in Playboy? Never noticed.

You Got Rick Rolled!   May 10th, 2010 2:38 pm ET

We're no strangers to love
You know the rules and so do I
A full commitment's what I'm thinking of
You wouldn't get this from any other guy
I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling
Gotta make you understand

Never gonna give you up,
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around and desert you
Never gonna make you cry,
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

We've known each other for so long
Your heart's been aching but you're too shy to say it
Inside we both know what's been going on
We know the game and we're gonna play it
And if you ask me how I'm feeling
Don't tell me you're too blind to see

Never gonna give you up,

Tad   May 10th, 2010 3:10 pm ET

FINALLY!

aguynamedsuzi   May 10th, 2010 3:59 pm ET

GO PLAYBOY!!!!

Jen   May 10th, 2010 4:14 pm ET

GordonF.   May 10th, 2010 4:24 pm ET

@Jen, There are much worse things then playboy, much much MUCH worse, i promise.

TheDJOne   May 10th, 2010 4:26 pm ET

Rickrolled? 2007 called – they want their meme back.

Jenn   May 10th, 2010 4:35 pm ET

I love playboy and their articles. Have you ppl who hate it even looked at it in the past 10 years? It's a great magazine and not sick at all!

Damon   May 10th, 2010 4:36 pm ET

You realize that by issuing this press release that every IT Manager in Corporate America will be immediately adding TheSmokingJacket.com to their blocked webpage list, don't you?!?!

HAHAHAJen   May 10th, 2010 4:39 pm ET

@Jen, My wife and all our girlfriends drool over playboy too...
What's wrong with the human body? It's beautiful!

Besides, isn't this article based on a non nude publication?

AJS   May 10th, 2010 4:47 pm ET

Wow Jen, first it is actually very very tame in terms of adult media out there. If you truly feel Playboy should be banned then we might as well can any kind of swimsuit publication, victoria secret catalogs, and while we're at it probably all college or professional cheerleading/dance teams will have to go too so men will only look at their wives/girlfriends...but then you're assuming all men have wives/girlfriends too. Maybe if all women looked like the women in Playboy, men wouldn't need to look at it? Seems like a good answer to me.

Dustin   May 10th, 2010 4:48 pm ET

Me thinks that Jen may protest a little too much. Maybe someone is having issues with projection???

Jerry   May 10th, 2010 4:51 pm ET

@Damon I agree with you there, my first thought was that most workplaces internet filters will block it solely on its relation to Playboy.

Joshua   May 10th, 2010 4:52 pm ET

@Jen
you're just jealous and you probably only like missionary...

tommyta   May 10th, 2010 4:58 pm ET

I think all men love Playboy !

Gabby   May 10th, 2010 5:08 pm ET

at jen calm down lady! obviously you have some issues that you havent finished working on like insecurities! i think this new site is great now people can surf the net & not have to worry about whos watching!

jwhernandez   May 10th, 2010 5:10 pm ET

Jen is probably insecure with her own looks.

Tad   May 10th, 2010 5:21 pm ET

I bet Jen is hot!

Dave   May 10th, 2010 5:28 pm ET

You Got Rick Rolled! -

Umm... what?

Brad   May 10th, 2010 5:35 pm ET

Wow.

@rick rolled: lame, kid. Seriously.

@Jen: No one asked you to pass judgement on anybody. But if you feel like dishing it out, have a little back...quit being a self-righteous, passive-aggressive nit with nothing better to do than bash people on a public forum for taking an interest in the female form. No one is forcing you to read Playboy, so keep your unfounded and unwelcome comments to yourself. And, as was said before, this is about a non-nude version of the magazine. You of all people should applaud it.

There. We are even. Now we can be friends again.

Patricia   May 10th, 2010 5:46 pm ET

I sometimes would rather my husband to be looking a playboy then messing with me. Apparently you have issues with your man or the lack of one. Maybe you should get of the internet and deal with your personal life and not others.

Mac   May 10th, 2010 5:48 pm ET

Hey Jen,

All straight men love to look at attractive women. I mean all straight men. If your husband or boyfriend tells you they don't look at or fantasize about other women then he is gay. That is the bottom line. However that does not mean that your husband or boyfriend will not be faithful to you, it is just the way we are programmed. We are programmed to find women attractive and we all like a particular type of women in terms of body style appearance etc. and if we see women of that type we like it a lot. Again all men are like this. Get over yourself. Men are programmed to like women and that is the way it is. Women want to believe they can control men, but you can not. Playboy is on to something and I hope they are successful, they are an iconic brand and it would be a sad day for me if they disappeared.

Steve   May 10th, 2010 5:49 pm ET

@Jen:
Hate to tell you, but 2 former girlfriends of mine AND my current wife all appeared in Playboy in the past 10 years. So some of us ARE drooling over our wives and girlfriends. Just 'cause you'd NEVER be asked to pose...

Doog   May 10th, 2010 5:53 pm ET

Jen hates playboy but loves reading Guns & Ammo.

Terri   May 10th, 2010 5:54 pm ET

I think this is brilliant marketing. (Almost) all the things men love about Playboy and no violation of corporate policy.

Betting Man   May 10th, 2010 6:07 pm ET

I bet Jen is as big as a house and has more cats than friends.

Jen   May 10th, 2010 6:15 pm ET

Zach   May 10th, 2010 6:16 pm ET

@ Steve:

You are my hero.

Lisa   May 10th, 2010 6:20 pm ET

Jen...oh sweetie...honey...baby. Let mama give you a hug.

Men, please, don't look at playboy anyMORE! Also, when you leave the house, don't look at women on the street. Or at work. And, for godssakes, please don't give yourself any self loving. Ever. Doing so is a disrespect to all women. And to yourself.

I almost typed that all out without laughing. Almost.

P.S. This sicko has a subcription because her now ex-husband (a man with the drive of an old woman) was too much of a puss to get one himself. Ha!

boredatwork   May 10th, 2010 6:21 pm ET

Awe... poor Jen, everyone is yelling at you! lol

Lisa   May 10th, 2010 6:21 pm ET

P.S.S. I'm not happy that I have that Rick Astley song stuck in my head. At all. I'm almost as unhappy as Jen.

The Game   May 10th, 2010 6:26 pm ET

The Game!

The Game   May 10th, 2010 6:28 pm ET

Jen in real life is very ugly since she thinks she is pretty. Everyone knows that cute girls think they are ugly, so Jen suck it and get lipo.

nofreebeer   May 10th, 2010 6:31 pm ET

Penthouse is what Playboy used to be now. I just learned this. Playboy changed the magazine around and it sucks. Penthouse changed too but did everything correct! I converted. Better articles and better photos. They also have less extreme photos than they used to. A better balance.

What playboy magazine should do:
- 50% more and larger pictures.
- More exclusives with photos and articles.
- More articles for older men as Maxim etc cater to the college age kids now yet older men in their 30's-60's have little to read.

Joseph   May 10th, 2010 6:34 pm ET

Hi Jen, I'm with you and against these immature neanderthals.

BTW: Whats your cup size?

TamarS   May 10th, 2010 6:35 pm ET

Why would any access to Playboy be allowed at work? So Playboy is encouraging employees to not work? Ridiculous. Just ridiculous.

likejen   May 10th, 2010 6:36 pm ET

Leave Jen alone. She is right. Men are sick.

Dude   May 10th, 2010 6:38 pm ET

P.S.S Yeah...thanks for the RickRoll you turd..as I rolled my scrollwheel through this garbage

Bill   May 10th, 2010 6:41 pm ET

Jen, if you think your hot, sent me your picks and I will tell everybody what you look like, fte209@aol.com

Guy   May 10th, 2010 6:41 pm ET

After Jen comes to terms with her lesbianism she may be able to live a life free of delusion and angry projection.

likejen   May 10th, 2010 6:48 pm ET

Yep guys, keep posting, you are only proving how sick you really are.

brian johnson   May 10th, 2010 6:52 pm ET

I was right by all the response and support on my site. http://www.newamericanpinup.com was the first to make a office friendly site. My fans will let them know and I will tomorrow on Howard Stern! Take care fans and tune in! Brian Johnson, a Playboy fan- did it first .....October 27th / 2009. The "little-guy" will not stand for these lies...........MY SITE IS PG-13! CHECK IT OUT! AT WORK!

Hi Jen   May 10th, 2010 6:53 pm ET

Jen, step away from the Ben & Jerry's

marta   May 10th, 2010 6:58 pm ET

@Damon That's exaclty what I thought too!

Jen is funny.... There a lot of women that look @ adult websites....!

Snark   May 10th, 2010 7:00 pm ET

Jen. You are right, all men must be perverts for wanting to look at women; and while we are on the topic of negative stereotypes, all women are psychologically unstable. However, some societies have found a solution. And just to be fair we could apply it to everyone. We will just require that all humans wear burkas and we will diaper our sheep. (We will include everyone because we know that some women must be perverts for looking at attractive men too).

Our you can divest yourself of your puritianical prudishness and learn to appreciate the human form, and appreciate that our instinctual desires are natural and acceptible as long as we aren't hurting anyone.

Ashley   May 10th, 2010 7:01 pm ET

Yay I love Playboy!!! Wish I could look at the regular site at work, I guess this will have to do =P

12many   May 10th, 2010 7:04 pm ET

If it is safe for work then it is not worthed going there!

Joseph   May 10th, 2010 7:06 pm ET

Likejen, really? you call this sick? Thats really really sad.
Now that all of these men are ragging on this poor innocent helpless women that only came into our turf and start nagging thats what really got to me. Why did you do that you expect not to get trashed? I mean your lucky would haven't been compared to goatse or lemon party. really dont mess with men cause when we get mad we go to the internet and to find some naggy lady that wants to rag on us in home turf now thats just sad, so we guess until we hit on the conlcusion that your really just a flamer

Joe   May 10th, 2010 7:12 pm ET

I almost thought the article was about Jen after reading all the comments. Most guys will check out girls and it's not a concious decision. The concious decision would be not to look at an attractive woman. Also it seems that most women kind of like a little glance, maybe a smile, or a "hi". Mostly not from complete strangers though as far as I can tell.

Sue   May 10th, 2010 7:19 pm ET

Lisa: OMFG, you are a riot!!!! I could use a hug ;)

Jen & Like Jen: Joseph and the other posters have a point that if you think Playboy is trash, this is not the forum to be preaching. They like it, I like it (& I'm a straight chick, so it's not all men bashing you here), so who are you to judge. If I wanted to wear a burka I sure as heck wouldn't be living in the USA. Are you seriously gonna say that you don't like men looking at you, admiring the assets you possess? Bull!!! Your man wasn't always your boyfriend or husband, he had to ogle you at some point, RIGHT???? The only way you are gonna stop men from looking is to have their eyes cut from their skulls at birth. I look at guys all the time cause I'm, yep, you guessed it, A HUMAN!!!!!! We can admire the beauty we see in others. Just cause someone finds Playmates prettier than you shouldn't be a reflection on you, princess. If the opinions of others matter that much to you then you should really seek therapy cause that is really no way to live!!! Thank goodness I have my sight and I can enjoy looking at fine men's butts, legs, and miscellenous other parts as much as I can. And kudos to all men who do the same!!!

tess   May 10th, 2010 7:20 pm ET

I think likejen = jen trying to somehow show someone agrees with her.

Joseph   May 10th, 2010 7:23 pm ET

very true tess very true

LiveFree or   May 10th, 2010 7:25 pm ET

I can't wait for some classy fashion tips from shrivelly, schlarmy Hugh. Maybe I can impress my colleagues when I show up to work in my silk pajamas, smoking a pipe!

mike   May 10th, 2010 7:26 pm ET

I can't imagine a non nude version of Playboy would make an employee wasting their employers time any more safe from getting into hot water.

It is an offensive brand to some and for that reason alone, it will still be frowned upon by HR (not to mention the fact that people are meant to work in the office, not cruise online for their entertainment).

I am certain some lazy, self indulged Gen Yer with an inflated sense of self will voice some justification for not doing their job while on the clock, but for the rest of us, this is a no go.

Nice try Playboy, but you;'re still not relevant and you never will be again. Go to bed and say goodnight already!

Jen   May 10th, 2010 7:28 pm ET

For all those morons who think I'm not attractive:

Davi   May 10th, 2010 7:31 pm ET

I mean .... the female form is beautiful you can't just say that todays medium (photos) is sick without condemning the venus de milo.

LiveFree or   May 10th, 2010 7:34 pm ET

I hear Hugh has lined up some big money advertisers for his new website....a tofu ice-cream manufacturer and the midgets who teach you all about real estate.

LiveFree or   May 10th, 2010 7:40 pm ET

Heffner's syphilis must be affecting his brain. A made for work Playboy site? Now there's a real winner! Maybe Hugh can send out some Playboy models to introduce innovative ways for HR to roll this new webiste out to their employees! It's bound to increase productivity!

LiveFree or   May 10th, 2010 7:45 pm ET

Whenever I think of Hugh Heffner, I can't help but think of Mike Myers...not sure why. The difference is that only one takes himself seriously!

krehator   May 10th, 2010 7:53 pm ET

OMG. Do they actually think this won't get blocked at work anyway?

Our species is doomed.

YouhavetoBkiddingme   May 10th, 2010 8:01 pm ET

This from the same CEO who bankrupted this last employer and now is encouaging workers to "rob" their current employers of productivity. Brillant thinking Scott Flanders, Man of the Ages. What next, playboys in public toilets?

likejen   May 10th, 2010 8:25 pm ET

@tess
No, I am not Jen, and we are not the only ones that feel that way. Why do you think there is many cases of depression in women? Maybe because they feel they will never be good enough because they will never look like those women? Actually, those women don't look like those women. They are airbrushed and not real.
This is not about jealousy, this is about self esteem, and ignorant men not realizing (or caring) how hurtful it can be.

likejen   May 10th, 2010 8:26 pm ET

@ Joseph
Your turf?
Whatever dude.

bad pete   May 10th, 2010 8:30 pm ET

SHOW ME YOUR T1TS JEN!!!!!

Entertainment   May 10th, 2010 8:31 pm ET

I hope the majority of people who have commented on this are under 13 yrs old; the maturity here is astounding. Here are a bunch of 'men' talking trash about a woman, that's real classy. Then, that woman tries to prove her point of respecting women by posting a link to her hott pictures.

I also hope you all spend so much time on the internet acting like this that you don't have time to reproduce. If we still lived in a world where natural selection mattered, I'm pretty confident that some of the people on here wouldn't have made the cut.

Chris   May 10th, 2010 8:41 pm ET

Sounds like someone was rejected. My wife got the subscription for me. along with maxim. Good reading material on the crapper. speaking of that, We have a turd in the punch bowl people!

rog   May 10th, 2010 8:43 pm ET

@jen 7:28 pm
People who don't think you're attractive are morons, yeah that really supports your point about PB, you really won that argument.

@ Entertainment 8:31 pm
Jen starts off her first post calling people 'morons' and 'jerks', oh yeah that's a real class act.

Joseph   May 10th, 2010 8:45 pm ET

But it doenst Mr. Entertainment it does not in that way man kind has shot itself in the foot we as humans have no room to improve. So we resort to radiation and genetic altering

and yes likejen i dont post on victoria secret forums ,if they have any, complaining about how indecent they are.

ScienceNerd   May 10th, 2010 8:55 pm ET

The only thing sick here is the fact that CNN thinks that this article falls into the category of Science/Technology, along with all of the articles about Twitter flame wars. There are real developments happening in the realm of Scientific research and ground breaking technology every day. It is very sad to see so little decent coverage of science in mainstream media.

Oh almost forgot, Jen you're such a prude!

Joseph   May 10th, 2010 8:57 pm ET

if your looking for STS articles use this site

sciencedaily.com

not tiny urled promise

likejen   May 10th, 2010 9:00 pm ET

@Joseph
Victoria Secret and Playboy are pretty much the same thing.
This is the internet, there are no turfs.

sg   May 10th, 2010 9:01 pm ET

@ Jen: I guess I must still be a moron.

Joseph   May 10th, 2010 9:07 pm ET

A) there is more posing in playboy
B) cnn is gear to all genders and ages but this particular article is geared twords men not women, i said geared not is, there will be women that will read this and think cool. Jen is out numbered, it is akin to a farmer commenting on the advancement of buckey-balls for cancer treatment. and yelling "NERDS" on the thread. Not cool.

Joseph   May 10th, 2010 9:12 pm ET

I looked back at Jen's first post and something confused be could someone expalin. How do you get a girl friend or even a wife if you dont have a life. Cause i never really connected no life with a girl friend.

likejen   May 10th, 2010 9:15 pm ET

@Joseph
I repeat, this is the internet, it is out there for all to read, and we all have the right to express our opinion. If a farmer wants to comment on on the advancement of buckey-balls, so be it.
In the real world, Jen is not out numbered, many people feel this way, and men don't get it!

rog   May 10th, 2010 9:16 pm ET

Joseph May 10th, 2010 9:07 pm ET

"Jen is out numbered, it is akin to a farmer commenting on the advancement of buckey-balls for cancer treatment. and yelling "NERDS" on the thread. Not cool."

Yes. That's probably why she feels the need to create additional accounts that claim to be different but sound very similar in tone and structure. At current count we have 3: 1) jen 2) likejen and 3) Entertainment

likejen   May 10th, 2010 9:20 pm ET

@rog
Give it up and face reality. There is more than one person in the world that feels that way. I am not Jen.

bad pete   May 10th, 2010 9:23 pm ET

Why can't we see Jen's pictures anymore?

sg   May 10th, 2010 9:23 pm ET

The thing is, likejen, you three do sound an AWFUL lot alike. Whether you are or not the same person, I could care less. And while I'm sure there are people who feel the same as you, you are still out numbered. Sorry.

rog   May 10th, 2010 9:25 pm ET

@likejen May 10th, 2010 9:20 pm
Oh very good, I don't agree with your assertions and now I'm 'immature' and 'can't face reality'. Why don't you slip back into your Jen persona and start calling me a 'moron' and a 'jerk' too. Yeah you're a real class act.

sg   May 10th, 2010 9:26 pm ET

@ bad pete: maybe she decided she wasn't as hot as she claimed.

bad pete   May 10th, 2010 9:30 pm ET

@sg: She is either extremely attractive or 400 Lbs of lard

likejen   May 10th, 2010 9:32 pm ET

@rog
Must have hit a sore spot, judging by how defensive you just got. I didn't originally call you immature, yet you assume I did. Must be then. And yes, as a matter of fact, I am classy.

@sg
Not necessarily out numbered, many do not speak up because of the ridicule they face from the ignorant.

rog   May 10th, 2010 9:47 pm ET

likejen May 10th, 2010 9:32 pm ET
" And yes, as a matter of fact, I am classy."
Actually I was making the (sarcastic) remark to 'jen' not 'likejen' because it was 'likejen' who supposedly made the remark about 'jen'. It seems like you're showing your true colors and mixing your personas up! :D

likejen   May 10th, 2010 9:59 pm ET

@rog

I do recognize sarcasm.
Re read your comment. You were referencing me, and I am done arguing with people with nothing intelligent to say.

Dave   May 10th, 2010 10:04 pm ET

@Jen: Playboy shouldn't be banned. It is protected by the 1st Amendment. People simply have the choice to not buy it/look at it if they find it offensive. I personally don't like Playboy, either..it is too tame for my taste.

Joseph   May 10th, 2010 10:09 pm ET

Adressed to likejen

You are really sounding like her.
Ignorant really? Ignorant i would like to know how you measure intelligence. Some of use find it offeneding were we are called morons, from a random stranger no less. That is what started this whole thing.

Rog seems like a smart cookie and I believe he has hit the nail on the head, I believe that he must have class.for he was the first to bring this up.

Joseph   May 10th, 2010 10:12 pm ET

likejen and jen if you are the same person.

rog got you good

Entertainment   May 10th, 2010 10:13 pm ET

I believe rog and joseph should dutch rudder each other.

Joseph   May 10th, 2010 10:20 pm ET

*Sigh* really?
Dutch rudder?
THAT is immaturity jen

Entertainment   May 10th, 2010 10:26 pm ET

my last comment isn't going to pass moderation, but if it does, that's all I've got. So, I'm going to get out of here. I hope this deep and insightful conversation improved someones life somewhere. Hopefully as much as the amazing and beautiful technological advancement of a website will make us a better more respectABLE people.

e   May 10th, 2010 10:29 pm ET

seriously? men cant wait until they get home?

Jen is ugly   May 10th, 2010 10:49 pm ET

my name says it all.

too funny   May 10th, 2010 11:41 pm ET

omg too funny. sounds like when they were giving out ugly, someone snuck back in line for a 2nd helping

Hef   May 11th, 2010 12:02 am ET

Ah... but which wives? Which girlfriends? I can't watch 'em all!

Tracy   May 11th, 2010 1:18 am ET

As if men who subscribe to Playboy can actually read. LOL.

brian johnson   May 11th, 2010 2:14 am ET

hello fans........as a young boy i stole playboy from my pop-pop.
i have been a playboy fan since i was 10 or 11 years old. because of hugh hefner and his magazine i know have http://www.newamericanpinup.com and in a few hours i am on howard stern. my site went up october of 2009. in america you can do anything...........i did it..............i am a high school drop out with 3 books at barnes and noble. i am now on the howard stern show.............my web-site is pg-13, office friendly, and the first one. it is not on a adult- server........we censor the photos. i started the new trend in worker friendly sites. i do not care if playboy stole my idea....thank you mr. hefner. besides, if richard kern and i start a magazine, we will give you a free ad for your site. thanks, brian johnson and "punk-rock" liam

Jacob Meir   May 11th, 2010 4:47 am ET

I thought I would never see a woman treated like this since my time in the death camps. You all make me sick.

haha   May 11th, 2010 5:51 am ET

LOLocaust!

mandy   May 11th, 2010 6:08 am ET

I'm a straight 29 year old female and love ALL of playboy. But I'm glad to see that they are willing to expand to give people a chance to enjoy it more

You Got Rick Rolled!   May 11th, 2010 6:49 am ET

@ Brad: I am glad I could solicite a response. Thank you for playing. Just for you I have a very special video....

@Dude: You are most welcome. Its always a pleasure to bring a smile to an Astley fan :)

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KANI2dpXLw&w=640&h=390]

jakedog   May 11th, 2010 6:59 am ET

Hey you in the cubicle! Get back to work!

You Got Rick Rolled!   May 11th, 2010 7:14 am ET

jakedog got rickrolled. :P
Was that your computer blasting Astley a few doors down from me a few minutes ago?

adrian401   May 11th, 2010 7:43 am ET

Great first the SEC now everyone else! How are people going to get work done?

namdur   May 11th, 2010 7:47 am ET

One questions people need to ask themselves when looking at a cleaned up version of Playboy.... why should anyone be reading this type of stuff at work and why sanitize yourself in the first place. You want to enjoy T&A and on your own time anyway. Right?

Leonard   May 11th, 2010 8:27 am ET

I wonder with special glasses you can see through the clothes.

kel   May 11th, 2010 8:37 am ET

Some of you are so misled. The women don't look like that. They are photoshop so much, airbrushed to the tenth degree. Cellulite removed, waist trimmed, spray tanned, teeth whitened, the list can go on. any woman can look like that after altered. Love your real women.

B   May 11th, 2010 8:40 am ET

huh i thought all of playboy was in the hole no that is me and my girlfriend

just wondering   May 11th, 2010 9:04 am ET

i noticed something....has anyone noticed that since Entertainment left, Jen and likejen suddenly disappeared? hmmm.......(0.o?)

inca4charm   May 11th, 2010 9:10 am ET

@Kel – women buy fashion mags with the same if not worse airbrushing and negative body imaging.

If you are allowed to read a cnn article at work, then why not a non pictorial playboy? If it is offensive don't read/share it at work. Common sense.

I have read the articles before (I am a woman). While I do not buy the mag myself – I have, on occasion, read my husband's copy.

Jack   May 11th, 2010 9:39 am ET

@Jen – put down the mouse and go back to your romance novels.

BadgerX   May 11th, 2010 9:40 am ET

The people who make fun of those of us who read it for the articles, have clearly never seen their less than impressive pictures. The only thing worthwhile about Playboy is their articles.

I have long since lobbied for an airport edition of Playboy. Something with just the articles that I can take on an airplane to read.

You listening, Hef?

Dylan   May 11th, 2010 9:41 am ET

This is sick you guys just look at this because you cant get real women!!

Candyce   May 11th, 2010 9:48 am ET

OK, really. Someone honestly give me a straight face while looking in the eye and tell me that people read Playboy for the articles. Honestly.

Candyce   May 11th, 2010 9:51 am ET

I do want to say though I'm ashamed of all of you attacking Jen. She has the right to have her opinion and if you don't like it then shut up! Some people actually have respect for themselves and human life while those who drool over nude bodies obviously don't. If you don't like it, that's your problem.

Hahaha jen   May 11th, 2010 9:54 am ET

I cant see any wrong with looking at other women, my woman knows who I come home to, and who I might bring with me. Nothing wrong with looking at the menu, just don't order more than can eat or more than you feel like paying for.

Your jealousy is a waste of good energy, and your self esteem issues are yours to conquer.

Trust and respect are crucial in a healthy relationship.

Zamiel   May 11th, 2010 10:01 am ET

It's not a news forum. It's CNN!

This whole comment section is a stupid mess because one troll has put all the attention on herself, and you morons all fell for it.

Pathetic.

Tom   May 11th, 2010 10:07 am ET

True gentlemen don't look at airbrushed garbage. These poor women that feel the need to have so much plastic surgery to make themselves attractive. And even then their bodies aren't good enough for playboy. Photo shop works a miracle. I would recommend putting down these dirty magazines and have a relationship with a real woman! Read your Bible. God's design for true love is better than anything this world has to offer!

DintheDoD   May 11th, 2010 10:11 am ET

Not happening here in the Department of Defense! I just tried to access the link from the article and it's blocked! Anything related to entertainment like askmen.com, gq, etc – is blocked by DoD. I was lucy to have been able to read the CNN article on this!

J   May 11th, 2010 10:14 am ET

I like Playboy. THE END

Betty   May 11th, 2010 10:21 am ET

If people want to look at Playboy or read the articles that's fine, but they shouldn't be doing it at work. Even if it is a cleaned up version.

SteveM   May 11th, 2010 10:27 am ET

Playboy way is too tame. I prefer really hard-core. That's why they're loosing readers. Too tame and lame.

blocked   May 11th, 2010 10:45 am ET

Just tried to follow the link from work, already blocked.

DevilDog   May 11th, 2010 11:14 am ET

What should be banned is women's magazines like Glamor and Cosmopolitan. Have you ever read this crap? It gives women such a false reality of men that they actually start to expect men to act just like their magazine says and when they don't these woman calls them immature and morons. I bet Jen reads those magazines.

Stephanie   May 11th, 2010 11:25 am ET

Jen, Playboy is not to blame for your own insecurities. This website is simply about the articles if you had read what is was about. Regardless, you can't keep men from what they are genetically programed to do. If you don't like Playboy then why are you even commenting on this. Choose the battles you can win because right now you sound like a prude and are about as secure as a door hanging off it's hinges.

Mathias   May 11th, 2010 11:27 am ET

Oh snap!

Stephanie   May 11th, 2010 11:34 am ET

To Playboy, I commend you. This will be an awesome addition. I love the magazine. It has taught my man a few bedroom tricks that sent me spinning. I have to admit, he reads the articles and I look at the pictures. Call me whatever you want people but I have always wanted to pose for Playboy. I think the women and the female figure are so beautiful and "Hef's" team captures the nude figure tastefully. So, well done. I can't wait for the website to launch.

Sam   May 11th, 2010 11:39 am ET

Why are you surfing the Internet at work?

sweetblood   May 11th, 2010 11:42 am ET

Okay, I have to agree and retract the names I called everyone who was slamming jen earlier. The maturity level on this comment board is below the basement! What it is looking like is some people are trying to show that Playboy is not a good thing, and definitely not at work, and then all the perverts of the world are slamming them for trying to tell the truth! WAKE UP FOR THE LOVE OF PETE! Women are not objects, we are people, just like the males here. And to the women, you are worth so much more than any THING on the planet! To the men, you might think that women are just objects, but remember where you came from!

Scrumpwell   May 11th, 2010 12:09 pm ET

...it's up but not active. Heh.

Guest   May 11th, 2010 12:20 pm ET

Lets see a hot shot of you Jen !!!

Lester   May 11th, 2010 12:30 pm ET

ROFL Jen and your 2 alts. What color is the sky on your world? I thank you for your posts as you made what was a relatively boring story into a very entertaining bunch of posts.

tyler   May 11th, 2010 12:34 pm ET

haha Ajs is right jen maby you should get in shape if u had an amazing body like most the wimin u would be happy to show ur self off? and plus playboy is nothing to what it use to be jen grow up the playboy girls chose to look amazing and show them selfs off

Gabby   May 11th, 2010 12:40 pm ET

@ LIKEJEN LOOK LADY CALM DOWN! SELF ESTEEM ARE YOU SERIOUS?! I BET YOU ARE THE KIND OF PERSON THAT SITS AROUND READING SELF ESTEEM BOOKS & S%#$! IF YOUR SO WORRIED ABOUT YOUR LOOKS THAT OTHER MEN WONT LOOK AT YOU HIT THE GYM INSTEAD OF SELF ESTEEM BOOKS TRY SOME SELF MOTIVATION!!!!!

Mark   May 11th, 2010 12:51 pm ET

But they don't allow smoking where I work ...

Jesse   May 11th, 2010 12:54 pm ET

Jen's a troll, people. Stop feeding the trolls.

tazz   May 11th, 2010 12:54 pm ET

cool dud

tazz   May 11th, 2010 12:55 pm ET

sweat im asom

Jen is ugly   May 11th, 2010 1:07 pm ET

only ugly women speak that way, if she was hot shed be all for the playboy thing... jen and all ugly women that just need some humpin, go get some toys....

pron is for losers   May 11th, 2010 1:35 pm ET

anyone who has to look at pron at work should be fired. If you're going to be a pervert, do it on your own dime, and time.

pron is for losers   May 11th, 2010 1:40 pm ET

heffner is a white supremist and people who have to watch pron at work should be fired. If you're going to be a pervert do it on your own dime, and time. This is why america is unproductive in the workforce!

Tom   May 11th, 2010 2:12 pm ET

I just looked at Jen's photo. Can someone please take her to the nearest pound. I think she broke thru the fence

likejen   May 11th, 2010 2:13 pm ET

@Gabby
Get a clue.

@Jen is Ugly
Ditto
Get a clue

b   May 11th, 2010 2:14 pm ET

@ Jen Successful troll is successful

Al Bundy   May 11th, 2010 2:21 pm ET

Jen wrote
"Jen May 10th, 2010 6:15 pm ET

Interesting that Jen comments on her perception of the appearance of her legs, yet when submitting a link to show herself, it is only a headshot with sunglasses.

Makes it difficult to see those so called "gorgeous" legs, nor can we see if the crows have been stepping around her eyes....

Okay, back to work... I need to kneel in front of short skirted women and size up their feet. The pay sucks but the view is unbelievable.

Then it's back home to my loving family, Peg, Bud and my tramp-stamped little daughter Kelly.

HAHAHA   May 11th, 2010 3:23 pm ET

@ Jen re: " May 10th, 2010 4:14 pm ET
This is SICK. Grow up, you morons! Playboy should be banned and all you jerks who sit there drooling should be ashamed of yourselves. Get your eyes back on your wives and girlfriends and get a life."

I BET YOU'RE FAT.

HAHAHA PT. 2   May 11th, 2010 3:31 pm ET

@ Jen re:
"All of you are sick. I am very attractive and you are all guys I have to hit so you stop drooling all over my gorgeous legs."

ALL I SEE ARE KANKLES.

Christian Dad   May 11th, 2010 3:35 pm ET

banning Playboy is just another step towards the muslimization of America. Women shouldn't be permitted to decide to appear in Playboy! Women shouldn't be allowed to do anything that might lead a man into lust! It's all her fault, she was asking for it because her ankles were showing!

You've been muhammad-rolled!

likejen   May 11th, 2010 3:41 pm ET

@HAHAHA re May 11th, 2010 3:23 pm ET

Now there is an intelligent response

Joseph   May 11th, 2010 3:57 pm ET

@ jen, likejen, Entertainement.

Are you saying that all women should wear veils? Cuase its hot as balls here in oklahoma and i beleive that freedom of religion is allowed in the US.

P.S. good luck getting women to were vails apperantly its against "womens rights"

sixty   May 11th, 2010 4:05 pm ET

Whats the matter Jen, jealous you will never have the body for Playboy or like one of their models, thats okay, I am sure you are still loved.....by Save the Whales organisations

likejen   May 11th, 2010 4:07 pm ET

@Joseph
First of all, this is the last time I am going to say I am not Jen so get off of that.
At no time did I say women should where veils. You have taken this totally out of context.

likejen   May 11th, 2010 4:12 pm ET

@sixty
Come back when you grow up.

Tess   May 11th, 2010 10:12 pm ET

Hmmm likejen has responded numerous times now to posts that were obviously directed towards jen. And she's gotten quite testy about it so it's obviously personal. Sadly I think that those guys were right, the two posters are one in the same person. It doesn't do much to help the credibility of women's issues when someone starts name calling – especially when it's obvious that multiple accounts are used to try and lend credibility to points.

sweetblood   May 12th, 2010 1:18 pm ET

Again, the maturity levels of this board are nauseatingly low. For those of you who are under 10, ie most of you responding to this board, that means VERY. Would the perverts please either make a constructive comment or just leave and not return?

AGuest9   May 12th, 2010 8:05 pm ET

Sad that so many were looking/commenting from work. Instead of more bandwidth, maybe corporate America just needs bigger firewalls!

Brian Johnson   May 14th, 2010 2:01 am ET

I live in the greatest country in the world. The last few days of my life have been like a dream. Thank you Playboy and Hugh Hefner for inspiring a young boy to grow up and live out his dreams. I am finally doing what I was meant to do. I live in a free country where at work, we can take a few minutes to relax and enjoy some web-sites. We should not get Fired for doing so. Enjoy Hef's site and then go to mine if you like. Thanks again to all the fans and supporters and to Playboy Magazine. Without you and others like Mr. Flynt and The Dark Brothers, I would still be working as a fry cook at the local diner. Take care everone and remember: WE ARE FREE, EVEN AT WORK! – Peace, Brian Johnson

sweetblood   May 14th, 2010 10:52 am ET

@Brian Johnson
If you are going to be a pervert, do it on your own free time, not on time when you are being paid to do something else!

anti snoring pillow reviews   January 15th, 2011 9:49 pm ET

Buy anti snoring pillow

fine Playboy sleepwear   May 10th, 2011 11:08 pm ET

love and hatry are in a flash.fine Playboy sleepwear

fine Playboy sleepwear   May 10th, 2011 11:10 pm ET

fine Playboy sleepwear

Chris England aka SLIM   October 5th, 2011 3:00 pm ET

I love the playboy entertainment im going to school to be a PORN STAR!! (=
WHOEVER WANTS TO SHOW ME WHAT THEY GOT THEN SEND ME SOME VIDEOS ALL THE SEXY LADIES HIT ME UP AND ILL PLEASE YOUR BODY LIKE NEVER BEFORE!!!!!!!!! THANKS

preorasse   December 6th, 2011 5:51 pm ET

The more of us , the less

Ceaksadonsork   January 16th, 2012 4:53 pm ET

глупый пингвин робко прячет, умный нагло достает

Ceaksadonsork   January 16th, 2012 6:27 pm ET