SciTechBlog   « Back to Blog Main
May 21, 2010

Geek Out!: iReporters predict the end of 'Lost'

Posted: 02:14 PM ET

Editor's note: Geek Out! posts feature the latest and most interesting in nerd-culture news. From sci-fi and fantasy to gadgets and science, if you can geek out over it, you can find it on Geek Out! Look for Geek Out! posts on CNN's SciTech blog.

iReporters shared their theories and predictions on how "Lost" would end. Check out the video above!

And if you would like to react to the finale, upload your video on Sunday night. In the meantime, you have one last chance to share your prediction about the finale below.

Filed under: Geek Out! • television

Jane   May 21st, 2010 5:34 pm ET

Is LOST the most hyped final season of any TV series? Check out this list of TV's Top 10 Most Anticipated Final Seasons.

Jeff   May 21st, 2010 6:06 pm ET

My prediction is simple.

Everyone has spent 6 years wondering what its all about. Then we find out secrets. Little things here and there. Who will protect the island. Now we "supposedly" know...(i still don't think it's Jack) that was a little too rushed of a ceremony..

But the one thing no one is talking about or thinking about...What if the end is Smokey (Locke) escaping the island and the show ends with the extinction of mankind.

Put my money on a shock ending and Locke finding a way off and the world blinking out of existance. Perfect ending to a great show keeping you guessing.

Elusivespade   May 22nd, 2010 10:10 am ET

I have a very wild but creepy Idea as to what the man in blacks name is going to be. I have a strange feeling his name is (Esau). It would just be fitting if this is true. I see like this. If the show has referances to the scientific world then why cant it have some to the religious world too. I see them as Jacob is for god and Esau (the man in black) is for the Idolatry. They even say in the show that if (Esau) or the man in black or FLOCK as some call him, if he was to get off the Island the world would change. The world as we know it today believes in God, so what if the man in black was for Idolatry. And with his power he could deffinatly change the world and bring death and insanitay.

This is just a thought. I havent seen any one else bring this idea into yet. So bring on your comments. Hope LOST ends the right way. Latah ppl.

Josh   May 22nd, 2010 11:55 am ET

The creators already confirmed it isn't Esau, and i suspect the character will remained unnamed. Why bother giving him a name? Its what adds to the speculation of the character.

I have wondered if Desmond, being unaffected by electromagnetism and the failsafe, will trigger a massive electromagnetic explosion and destroy the MIB as we know he won't pass through the girders of electromagnetism. I'm not sure why else Desmond would have been brought back if he didn't have a huge part to play. I guess we will find out in a couple days.

candace pert   May 22nd, 2010 1:04 pm ET

is obliterated. The future non plane crash Season 6 reality now crystalizes as the only reality at the concert of Jack's son on the way to which Claire births a gorgeous baby after Desmond precipitates a car accident where Sawyer's and Miles'quick thinking saves their lives. After the island is obliterated, the final scene is Jack and Kate in a hospital where Locke is successfully recovering from Jack's surgury that allows him to walk. Jack and Kate, now a happily married couyple, are adoringly gazing into each others eyes and down at the gorgeous baby that surrogate mother Claire has had (the older son ceases to exist since he was claire's baby). The final fade is the baby boy, a blank slate or presdestined being that will become a Savior or flawed everyman, who's to know?

debbie   May 22nd, 2010 4:51 pm ET

Did anyone else notice that one of the ads for Lost mentioned "alternative endings"????? I think there will be two endings. One will be for the sideways story and one will be for the plane crash story. I don't like this idea because I want it to be one or the other.

Sency   May 24th, 2010 1:34 am ET

It was a great ending, I think it answered most questions

sex indian lady   July 17th, 2010 8:57 pm ET

It is very interesting for me to read that blog. Thanks for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to them. I would like to read more soon.

Jeff Flouee