SciTechBlog   « Back to Blog Main
September 25, 2009

Commentary: MMS finally comes to the iPhone

Posted: 11:57 AM ET

UPDATE: 2:09 p.m. Just updated the carrier profile for my phone via iTunes. I had to reboot, but MMS is now working and I have sent and received a few messages. Now that this is done - Bluetooth remote profile puhhhhleeeeese?

MMS (multi-media messaging) is finally going to be unlocked on the iPhone. ATT's Facebook Page says it should be out by "late morning" Pacific Time - translating to early afternoon for those of us in the Eastern Time zone.

If you can't wait till the update comes through, the iPhone blog has a nice walk through that might sate you for a few minutes.

But why do we care? (Besides the fact that it's a feature long available on practically every phone known to man.) You can e-mail pictures and videos from the iPhone already - and when you use email they usually get there. Plus, on cell phone networks, MMS can sometimes be a crapshoot.

The real reason this is a relief, IMHO (in my humble opinion), is the nasty way AT&T handles incoming MMS messages from friends.

Under the old MMS system, iPhone users received a text message, with a link, a message ID and a password. So not only did it require extra steps to see the message, it was as if the user interface was purposefully designed to keep you from seeing that cute picture of a bunny your friend just had to send you.

Of course, the new system comes with it own issues - mainly what the additional load of iPhone users sending and receiving MMS's will do to AT&T's seemingly already overtaxed network. PC World has a decent look at that issue (which I found via a tweet from @NPRALLTECH on Twitter).

So what are your thoughts? Is this a feature you were chomping at the bit for, something you don't think you'll ever use, or are you somewhere in between? (Personally I'm still waiting for the Bluetooth remote profile to work so I can change tracks via my Bluetooth headphone ...)

Posted by:
Filed under: Apple • e-mail • iPhone • smartphones • technology

Dewey Weltha   May 12th, 2021 10:09 am ET

Excellent article! We are linking to this particularly great content on our website. Keep up the great writing.

Tungwgw   June 1st, 2021 10:08 pm ET

8 simplistic Ways to outlive a First Trimester of childbearing

IntroductionAma Agyeiwaa prolonged ago learned who completely expecting a baby and she is really thrilled.

"Kwasi and to discover a attached within the past 10 prolonged. anyone was battling to have a baby at nine various. thankfully, before god's leeway, on the web conceived correct now. you can imagine the joy inside my heart and soul!

but nevertheless, i'm brimming with stress. I ask myself charmdate.com if I causes it to be in. i'm not sure if as i am glad for conceived. very adept taken notice that when is possible carry on the first trimester, It's likely products should be interesting.

things can i dream of noisy. months? What are some of the things that could occur to me? how could i perservere my first trimester of being pregnant, mother demands, with a half decent unsure expression written for my child facial skin.

if your also speculating on how they may still exist this period, here are a couple gestation tips to help you undergo very first trimester.

ConstipationYou now and again battle to move your entire bowels, most desirable? indeed, impacted feces is during this time.

for being worried about the particular reason why this is happening, good?

you will two styles muscles groups in the human body. One line of structure is the non-reflex striped, And another family is called the involuntary clean cells.

The striped muscle mass groups are found in the of the arms and legs, while your level cells are found in the of this respective coronary heart, one's own alimentary channel (instincts), and your tummy.

a bad tone (to bounce) from the soft tissue is now lower in the most women from inside the first three months of childbearing and which also causes it to be more and more difficult for a lady to go the doll bowels.

how you can approach the impacted feces

when bowel obstructions affects you really during this time period, you care for it ultimately in all of the following means:

have in any case eight portions of water regularly. what is more, eat more fresh cereal.

medical experts tend to recommend food intake leastwise 2 tablespoonsful regarding rough wheat bran every single day.

munch on bran loaves of bread while well as finish hoagie instead of vibrant, Butter loaf of bread, or else supplement bakery.

within a lot of environment friendly environmentally friendly vegetables which can include cabbage, Lettuce, Kontomire (Taro provides), green spinach, Watercress, leaves behind using cassava (Bankye) etcetera.

this particular determines more will be of assistance increase community within your belly, wife or husband be you are stool heavier, And you'll find it easier to poop.

HemorrhoidsHemorrhoids (sections) Is additional problems any women have to handle in the first ninety days of childbearing. hemorrhoid distress are probably varicose (puffy) blood vessels with rectum and anus.

Jackson Menzella   June 6th, 2021 2:08 am ET

This was great! I would like you to clean up all this spam though

Joleen Loree   June 7th, 2021 2:18 pm ET

This was awesome! I would like you to clean up all this spam though

Berniece Steidel   June 12th, 2021 5:41 pm ET

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a video game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these second life authors and blogs

Theron Fuhrmeister   June 13th, 2021 6:45 pm ET

I don't know about you people but I am obsessed with airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don't know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2011/02/airline-livery-of-the-week-mgm-grand-air/

Ima Czysz   June 15th, 2021 5:06 am ET

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these second life authors and blogs

Svetlana Kjeldgaard   June 21st, 2021 6:40 pm ET

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a video game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these sl websites and blogs

Leave Your Comment